No playlist available after adding movies to the playlist (1 Viewer)

Zorg

Portal Pro
June 12, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
I'm new in MP2 after years of using MP1.

Now I'm struggling with some little issues.

For instance, after adding a movie (pressing the key "P", I see that the movie has been added) there is not playlist available, when I try to use it.

I add the logs.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-10-26-21.56.11.zip
    1.4 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I'm new in MP2 after years of using MP1.

Now I'm struggling with some little issues.

For instance, after adding a movie (pressing the key "P", I see that the movie has been added) there is not playlist available, when I try to use it.

I add the logs.

Thank you in advance.
    There are for sure issues, but I never understood how the playlist feature should work, so I never really used it.
    If I play a second video I can select to play it after the current one and a playlist is created. However, if I open the playlist I always see all movies of my data base in it. @morpheus_xx can hopefully say how it should work and confirm a bug, I can unfortunately not.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can find the playlist in the side menu "Show video/image playlist". Don't ask me, why it's not shown undr "playlists" or what the difference is between both ;)
    Unbenannt.jpg

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you, but I can't find that side menu. I even changed the skin, just in case (mine is Nereus; may be yours also).
    Sin título2.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, but I can't find that side menu. I even changed the skin, just in case (mine is Nereus; may be yours also).
    View attachment 210799
    Also Nereus, I attached a screenshot in my last post. You are not playing a movie, so the playlist is empty. You need to play file and add more files as you mentioned in first post. Then a new side menu entry appears. I’m just explaining what I found out, not saying it makes sense or is intuitive. The developers of the function need to answer this. I’d expect „add to playlist“ entry in the context menu for each media item. It’s a bit weird for me I need to play an item to add more items to a list.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry if I'm a bit dumb today. I don't know how to do what you explained.
    Ok, I play a movie, but then, while the movie is playing, taking all the size of the screen, I can't add more files, pressing the P key or whatever.
    As I said, sorry if it is easy to understand and I can't see it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I’m a bit confused now, because you explained in first post how to add movies to a playlist ;)
    To add more files you need to go back to the movie list and add another movie, this can not happen in full screen playback.

Zorg

Portal Pro
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry, if I didn't explain it well: in the first post I talked about adding a movie to the playlist pressing the P key, one action that didn't work well.

I really don't know how to add a movie to the movie list. My movie list was created by MP2 after scanning my hard disk in the settings (I can't remember the name now, in Spanish I think is "añadir fuente de archivos", so add source of files, I point to my local hard disk and MP2 add the movies of the HD).
    The only way I know now to add a movie is by copying a new file in the hard disk, but as you said, there must be another way in the MP2 menu

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, if I didn't explain it well: in the first post I talked about adding a movie to the playlist pressing the P key, one action that didn't work well.
    This works, P is the shortcut for "play", so what I'm writing above. I try again step by step:
    • Play a movie
    • Navigate back to the library screen when the playback starts (do NOT stop the playback, just press ESC on your keyboard)
    • Select another movie and select the second option in the context menu (play after the next one)
    • In the side menu you have now the entry "video/image playlist"
    Of course you can add several movies, not only 2.

After your last post I'm not even sure anymore what you want to achieve. You wrote in the title:

No playlist available after adding movies to the playlist​

So I thought you added movies to a playlist, but can not find the playlist afterwards. In your last post you talked about importing movies into the MP2 library. So in case the playlist is not your issue, please explain once again, what your target is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom