No response from my RC in MP (1 Viewer)

dbgurudk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Hi Folks,

I have a MCE RC that came with Hauppauge HVR-4000.

I have tried almost everything but can not get it to work at all.

The only thing that seems to work is the volume button. That make the MP sound go up and down.

I have install the latest iMon 7.90 and imported the MediaPortal.imo from the soudgraph forum.

I have disabled the MCE service and activated the MPtray.

I'm getting crazy.

Please help :confused:

Thanks in advance

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi dbgurudk,

For what I know: as long as the receiver is recognized by windows, you don't need any extra stuff to make a MCE remote functioning, especially in vista/7.
    On the other hand, there seem to be a lot of issues with IMON gear, dunno if this is your problem.

Is there another tool sitting in between MP and w7 that is setup incorrectly?
    Did you tick the Microsoft MCE remote in the MP configuration -> remotes?

dbgurudk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Hi dbgurudk,

For what I know: as long as the receiver is recognized by windows, you don't need any extra stuff to make a MCE remote functioning, especially in vista/7.
    On the other hand, there seem to be a lot of issues with IMON gear, dunno if this is your problem.

Is there another tool sitting in between MP and w7 that is setup incorrectly?
    Did you tick the Microsoft MCE remote in the MP configuration -> remotes?

Hi Peter,

yes i did tick mce rc in Mp.

What do you mean in between?

It seems like the ir receiver is receiving something since the volume gods up and down.

If i use the ir receiver that comes with the hvr-4000 and tick the hauppauge in MP Them every thing works. :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom