No Signal Found on AverTV hybrid (1 Viewer)

naq2011

December 9, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Dear MP Experts,
Hi, I have escaped Windows Media Center and I am trying to enter Media Portal land!

I am trying to set up over-the-air TV for my Dell XPS 1330 laptop. When I search for channels I get "No Signal Found." I've tried everything I could find in the wiki and forum, but I can't seem to fix the problem. :( I've attached an antenna that's larger, but it's not even finding pbs, which is usually super strong. Any help greatly appreciated!

Shaking from TV withdrawal,
Naq

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: Vista Home Premium (SP2)
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo @2.5Ghz
HDD:
Memory: 3.5 GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8400 m
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: AverMedia HC82 Hybrid Analog/ATSC

naq2011

December 9, 2011
Home Country
Perhaps I've posted in the wrong place? Okay, I've posted in General Support forum... Any tips on where to post this appreciated!
:) Naq

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Naq :)

Not necessarily posted in the wrong place - it is just most of the team (and people that use MP) are based in Europe so the time for responses to queries from good folks such as yourself in the US of A can be a little slower - apologies for that.

So the first thing I would say is that your log files don't contain any obvious errors. I note that you're using the ATSC network provider (I mean the "preferred network provider" setting in the tuner properties) instead of the generic one - did you change that for any particular reason? It is just that we ususally recommend the use of "generic" on Vista and 7. The reasons are discussed in our wiki -->here<--.

The other thing I would say is that it might pay to just double check that no other software (ie. WMC) is using the tuner and preventing MP from controlling it.

mm

naq2011

December 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Dear mm,

Ah, the time zone! That makes sense, glad to hear that it wasn't my bad breath or something keeping folks away...

Thank you for the advice! I switched back to "generic." I also updated my tuner card driver from the AverMedia website rather than from Dell. I did the same for my Nvidia display driver. And...

YAY! I got a signal!! I was even able to watch a bit of a cooking show in MP!

There's still some tweaking to do so I can get more than one station, but I'll post again if I don't find the solution already in the forum.

:D so much,
    Naq

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom