No Signal Strength, No Channel reception (1 Viewer)

martyngall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've been using MP for the past month. Bought a Hauppage Nova-S-Plus card and that worked fine with their WinTV6, and also when I installed MP 1.0.1
    However.....things are not supposed to be simple......I changed to MO 1.0.2 and it appeared to recognise the card but showed no signal strength and no channel reception. In an attempt to rescue the situation, I tried to re-install MP 1.0.1 but same thing. I've also tried installing Hauppages latest offering (WinTV7) and it works fine too, but still the same problem with MP.
    I thought I'd fould the answer today in a DVBFIX Tuner patch (symptoms were as described) but no luck.
    I'm running XP Service pack 3, and MediaPlayer 11.
    Can anyone help?

Grahamgo

Portal Member
    May 15, 2009
    Mexico
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi I have a very similar problem. See my thread "DVB-S autotune question". I have spent hours on this. Like you, another program runs the DVB-S card fine. But when I autotune I see a 100% signal and 17% quality, however this never changes even if I enter 0 or other silly numbers as lnb LOF frequencies. What is DVBFIX tuner fix? could it apply to me (Technisat S2 PCI )?

I believe that I am using the MediaPortal built in tuner. But I have just read that this has not been supported for a year. It seems that I may have to change to the TV Server to stay up to date. I don't fully understand what this all about and will probably post a newbie question on the forum. Let me know how you get on I am very interested to get some success!

I installed v.1.0.2 and have never used any earlier versions.

Is DVBFIX the DVB-FIX? "The fix will unregister the old files in the "windows\system32" folder, and register the new files provided by the download archive...... etc". If so I did that.

Grahamgo

Portal Member
    May 15, 2009
    Mexico
    Home Country
    I gave up on trying the MediaPortal internal TV tuner, it works fine on my Hauppauge HVR-1600, but does not work with my Technisat S2.

Because the internal tuner support is discontinued I decide to try the TV-Server version. I am pleased to confirm that this works for me, it has found the Satellite channels.

The downside is that I haven't got the TV-server talking to Mediportal yet - but I will persevere !

martyngall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I haven't moved any further forward. I was hoping that someone would pop up with a solution! You were correct re DVBFIX.
    Now going to trawl though the Forum and see what I can find

Boblflef

Portal Member
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I have the same problem with Winter Hill and Winter Hill B. Some work in Vista and Different ones work in in Windows 7 but not fully in each.

Example:

1tp - 754167 8MHz :No Signal
    2tp - 786167 8MHz :Nothing Found
    3tp - 810167 8MHz :No Signal
    4tp - 834167 8MHz :New:0 Updater:22

etc.

Is it not a windows update that has crippled it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom