No signal with Blackgold DVB-T card (2 Viewers)

Blackbat

February 3, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've been a user of Windows 7 Media Center for a number of years and for various reasons have decided to give Mediaportal a go. My DVB-T tuner card is an old single tuner BlackGold card which is still working fine in MCE. When I try and tune channels in Mediaportal (1.3.0 beta) though I just get no signal repeatedly. I've tried with my local (Crystal Palace) transmitter and also tried all regions. No luck.

Has anyone got any suggestions what my issue may be, please?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Did you reboot after installing MP, there may be windows ehome service blocking the card.

If that does not work, can you give us the BG model number, just in case there may be a bda driver needed.

Blackbat

February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for replying. I did reboot. I should also add that I also have a Hauppauge DVB-S2 card installed in the same PC and that tunes OK.​
    The Blackgold card doesn't have a model number as far as I know, it's just referred to as the single tuner Signature card.​
    I would upload the zipped MP logs but I'm getting a message that my file is empty.​

Blackbat

February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Well I've reinstalled Windows 7 and the card has tuned in OK now using Mediaportal. I really don't know what that was about but at least it's working now. Now to explore MP :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom