No skins work in "wide" on my HDTV (1 Viewer)

billqs

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi!

I just installed MP 1.0 and with it came the Blue3Wide screen. It shows this in configuration, but when I run MP all I get is the standard Blue3. I also tried to adjust in settings within MP and it even though it showed Blue3wide as the chosen skin, it still had only the standard Blue 3. So, I went to the skins section and downloaded the skin Black&Blue because I really liked the look. This has impressive wide screens as well. I loaded it and it appears I'm only getting Black and Blue not in wide as well.

My display is a Zenith Plasma 1366x768 and my graphics card is set there as well. MP recognizes I am running 1366x768 also when I ran the screen set up in settings. I'm running a 256MB ATI 3650 Video card and my system is a Dual Core E 6320 with 3 GB of Ram. I am running XP Pro on the system.

Am I missing something basic that would keep the skins from displaying wide properties?

billqs

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Hey!

I attached a pic of the config where I chose the Blue3Wide and then a pic where it loads Blue3. I also attached the zip of the log. I couldn't get a pic of the Black&Blue skin not being wide because it malfunctioned the second time I tried to load it. Is this skin one I should avoid?

Either way the problem was there before I downloaded that skin to try out another one to see what I would get.

Hopefully, this will give you good information to help me. Let me know if I can provide more. I think I gave good system specs in my first post... except my video card has 512 Memory not 256.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• MPConfig.jpg
    MPConfig.jpg
    219.6 KB
  • Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    261.7 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    According to your log files, you are using Blue3Wide. The screen shot looks like the HOME menu. Maybe you are looking for the Basic Home menu? Open MP Configuration. The under General, select START WITH BASIC HOME.

I also noticed in your log that you are using XP SP2. Just a side note that SP3 is listed on the requirements page. If you run into other trouble, please update that first.

billqs

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Then, is it BASIC HOME that will get me the cool-looking wide view of the skin as shown in my first screenshot on the right hand side when Blue3Wide is chosen? The screenshot I took inside of Media Portal looks exactly like the image on the right hand side in MP config when I choose Blue3.

I will update to SP3 when I get home this evening. I had done it on my other 2 systems but failed to redo it on this system when the old system harddrive crashed unexpectedly.

Once again, thanks immensely for your help! I'm new to MediaPortal and am trying to find my way around it as quick as I can.

billqs

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    You're right... what I saw as wide was really the screenshot of basic home. Thanks for your help!

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed the skin preview to show the default home screen for both the wide and non wide
    Blue3 as this was really a bit confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom