No sound over HDMI (Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M) (1 Viewer)

MaKin

Portal Pro
June 9, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey guys,

yesterday I finally got my hardware and after installing Windows 8 and setting it up I noticed the missing audio output via HDMI. The image is perfectly transferred but there is no audio. Under "output audio devices" there is optical output (SPDIF) activated and HDMI is also listed, but as "not connected" although I have the HTPC connected to my AVR (checked it directly to TV too without any difference). As I would like to have HD-Audio available I wanted to use audio over HDMI instead of SPDIF.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have the FM2 A85 mobo on Windows 8 - just to confirm are you a) getting sound via HDMI and b) any sound via Windows?

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    dont install the realtek audio drivers if your planning on using the audio over hdmi as there not needed, and you can disable the realtek audio device in the bios if you plan on only using the hdmi for audio output.
    Install the chipset and then the display driver which has the audio driver also included with it. depending on what cpu you have bought for it you could download the newest display driver off the amd site located here these are x64 windows 8 driver for the A series APU (accelerated processor unit) version 13.4.

May sound daft but make sure you turn your tv & amp on before the computer to rule out a loss of audio connection between the pc and the amp due to good old hdmi, and any exclamation marks in device manager?

Last edited:

MaKin

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you guys, I will try it out in a few minutes and get back to you.

gijoe73

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you checked that Windows is using the correct output device?
    Check the Speaker Icon in the tray and see what output is currently used (on my HTPC the Tv is listed there as output device)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom