h.264 Video Codec: -
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-17
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Zalman 360w
    Remote: -
    TV: Sony 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI or D-Sub

There is no sound playing when using Bass player + ASIO. This is a degrade from previous releases.

I suspect the root cause is the following change; 0002942: ASIO - Wrong number of channels - MediaPortal Bugtracker

My M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 reports 4 ASIO channels (1-2 analogue out; 3-4 spdif out). The music player now seems to output only to channel 1-2, that is, analogue out, my receiver is of course connected to channel 3-4 via spdif. Thus, no sound anymore.

Regards
    /jonas

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Downloaded SVN 26074, think this one corresponds to MP1.1 Final. Reverted the changes done in 25965 and replaced core.dll...And the sound is back...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    are you not able to map the inputs in your ASIO config? (the mAudio comes with its own ASIO drivers / config?)
    Failing that have you tried the PureAudio (ASIO) plugin? IIRC you can set the channels here so only 3 and 4 are used

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's possible to route the sound to ch 3-4 via the mixer in the mAudio config. However using the mixer will break Dolby Digital and DTS streams, so this is not an option.

I have been using the PureAudio plugin, the downside with that one is that it don't support bin/cue files...

I have patched MediaPortal so I have it working, but the real solution would be to add configuration support to select channels (same as in the PureAudio plugin).

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: No sound using ASIO

I Have another Problem with sus Xonar D1 or ASUS Xonar DS.
    Asio und Bass Player aktiv - Sound is OK (5.1 and 2 channel) but Audio Files only without Volume Control.
    Volume Control TV, DVD is OK.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Noticed the state of this issue was changed to "further infos missing". What more information is required?

In previous version sound was directed to all asio channels, 1-4 in my case. In 1.1 sound is only directed to asio channel 1,2. This due to the change for issue 0002942.

Compare with configuration in PureAudio plugin.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Noticed the state of this issue was changed to "further infos missing". What more information is required?

In previous version sound was directed to all asio channels, 1-4 in my case. In 1.1 sound is only directed to asio channel 1,2. This due to the change for issue 0002942.

Compare with configuration in PureAudio plugin.

Not sure why the status of this thread changed nor whether it will get fixed. Outputting a stereo signal to four ASIO channels is wrong hence the change from 1.0.2. What you are after is a new feature in MP config that would allow you to confgure ASIO channels. I will ask one of the devs to have a look and see whether we can/will do this

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks.

For me it worked perfectly in previous versions, asio channel 1,2 was directed to anlogue L+R and asio channel 3,4 was directed to spdif L+R. But I understand that this behaviour would cause problems in other setups e.g multi-channel over HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom