No sound with Swedish SVT local news (1 Viewer)

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There are still problems when channels change from AC3 sound to MP2, as SVT does when they send local news . Either the picture just freeze or there is picture but no sound. I can fix it by changing to another channel and back again. but it always fails the first time. :( Is it only a problem in Sweden or is there anyone else out there with the same problem? I have the latest MP with the latest SVN up to this date.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't know if it's the same problem that I have, but using MPA there is one channel where audio does not work. I have to use another codec to get any audio: MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio. If I use DScaler audio, then I don't get audio on another channel :( . The only audio codec that works for me for every channel is the one included in Hauppauge TV tuners.

snuffi01

Portal Member
    June 10, 2006
    Borås / Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem when SVT start to send local.
    My picture starts to stutter and freezes after some secunds, after this i must stop the tv funktion before i can watch any other cannel.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem but a little bit different. Picture freezes and it gets silent, but I get picture back if zapping up and down (I don't even need to change channel, it just have to rescan the current channel). When leaving local news, I can't get back sound without zapping again.

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I too have the same problem, my biggest problem with it isn't the need for changing channels etc when wanting to see the local news.

It's the fact that if I want to record somthing that starts after a local news broadcast I never get sound on that show either. (the only solution fot that right now is proberbly to make sure to start the recording after the local news have ended).

I use TVE2, is this fixed in TVE3?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-server did it!!!

edit: however, noticed that local news somtimes makes stream to stop on the client (u have to reconnect to stream to make it work). This is if singleseat also runns, and both uses the same TV-card. Have not seen this earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom