[solved] No TV play on new Windows 10 Pro installation of MP2 (1 Viewer)

geotwticher

Portal Member
April 2, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
I had MP1 working on a Windows 10 Pro computer I use as my media center. I replaced the router and installed FoxTel Play, then noticed that MP1 wasn't working anymore - although I an not certain the new router or FoxTel play had anything to do with that. Rather than fixing MP1 I decided to install MP2, which I did without uninstalling MP1 (should I have uninstalled MP1 before installing MP2? I couldn't find anything about that anywhere).

I insallted fine. I didn't get any error messages. The monitor shows the server as Connected, and I have been able to scan for TV stations in Configuration, and they appear in the client, and EPG is coming through. However when I click on a channel to watch nothing happens. At the most I get a circular 'thinking" symbol for a few seconds, then it disappears, and nothing more.

Where do I start to fix this?

Thanks,

John

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Is MP1's TV server still running? Can you make sure it's stopped (press 'Stop Server' under the 'Manual Control' section in MP1's TV Server Config).
    I would also recommend installing the MP 2.1 pre-release as it contains a lot of improvements and fixes over the Spring 16 release.

geotwticher

Portal Member
    April 2, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Because of the implied potential for conflict between the versions, and because I didn't need the old version. I removed MP2 and MP1 completely, restarted the computer, then did a fresh install of MP2, and it worked fine.

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

...although I an not certain the new router or FoxTel play had anything to do with that.
    Very likely that the new router caused the problem.
    The new router can assign a new address to the machine that TV Server is installed on. TV Server needs to be reconfigured to take the new address into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom