Codecs No video - Audio only (1 Viewer)

Zappcola

Portal Member
December 7, 2011
Home Country
Ive seen a few threads with this general title but none seem to have the same issue as me..

For some reason, one this noob can't figure out I can only get audio from any video source..

I had everything going but changed a few things to support my aver3d card, I'm guessing i've hit some checkbox or something and stuffed it all up.. well I hope I have...

Anyway any help would be great

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

Reproduce the problem
    Collect full logs with watchdog option 3 (logs collector)
    Attach here

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Logs are attached here along with no video example (dunno why the info next to the video dissapears, but the timer runs and audio plays)

The problem occours with all video sources and filetypes, I have video and audio in all other programs including the tv server preview box.

To be honest the issue seems to me to be a little random - I cant think when I lost video and even if I did anything to cause it

Thanks for taking a look

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      587.7 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    You have lots and lots of errors in your log files:

2011-12-11 11:21:05.601945 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

[ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUITextScrollUpControl: Error during the render process - maybe a threading issue. System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'FontEngineSetClipEnable' in DLL 'fontEngine.dll'.

[ERROR][(61)]: Exception :confused:ystem.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'FontEngineSetAlphaBlend' in DLL 'fontEngine.dll'.

[ERROR][(48)]: RenderFrame exception Unable to find an entry point named 'FontEngineSetAlphaBlend' in DLL 'fontEngine.dll'. Core at MediaPortal.Player.PlaneScene.FontEngineSetAlphaBlend(UInt32 alphaBlend)

Unfortunately I do not know anything about that technical stuff. Maybe ons of the devs can assist?
    In the mean time, guessing around, can you disable the miniDisplay plugin and try again?
    And please post new logs with your feedback.

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Im using the soundgraph iMon vdf - this is pretty buggy but I think the minidisplay plugin is trying to tell the vfd to display a certain font that it isnt capable of doing
    the vfd displays what it should and the remote works 99.9% of the time sometimes the esc or enter buttons fail, I think the driver cuts out but I dont know nor do I care - it does what it should or near enough

disabled the minidisplay but still no video playback

infact when I used to have video the display was running anyway

this log has the plugin disabled

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Yes, I see the minidisplay errors are now gone but ALL the fontEngine.dll errors remain.
    Thanks for testing.

What is the file details (date, time size) of fontEngine.dll in your MP program files directory?

Zappcola

Portal Member
    December 7, 2011
    Home Country
    fontEngine.dll
    size - 513kb
    created/mod date - 28, march 2011 (10:15:30 AM)

Excuse my ignorance but that does the fontEngine.dll do - is it just font/text configs?
    Would it effect my playback?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    wow, big difference! fontengine that shipped with MP 1.2.1 is only 98kb.

Not sure what it does. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am just guessing around until a dev can help.

But with such a difference, something seems seriously wrong with your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom