Non Broadcast Channels and Freezing (1 Viewer)

loxton

Portal Member
October 1, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
Thanks for a great bit of software! :D

I have just setup a Mediaportal htpc with Mediaportal 1 and tv server but am struggling with one section. I remember reading about the issue but have been unable to find anything in the manual or forum. Is there a setting or method to stop the software freezing when selecting a channel that is currently not broadcasting? The software will respond after 30seconds but until then nothing can be done. For example; my gf often selects BBC 3 before 7o’c causing it to freeze and me then to receive ear ache :D.

Cheers
Loxton

loxton

Portal Member
October 1, 2006
Home Country
Hi Wojtek,
I already use EVR.
A little bit more info that may or may not help. Changing the render, codec etc seems to have no effect. There is still a freeze. I think it is because it is waiting for audio or video but as the channel is not broadcasting there isn’t any.
All Help Appreciated

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately thats by "design". I.e. TVE3 server and client communication is syncronous when it comes to tuning, so client cannot do anything when it is waiting the server to tune.

loxton

Portal Member
    October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Ah, thats a shame.
    I guess there is no way to reduce the time you have to wait before it responds or allow the client to stay responsive so another channel can be selected etc? I tried changing the settings for timeshifting to no avail.

:D
    Loxton

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Run the TV Server config, & go to general settings & then the timeshift tab. In there, the bottom two settings are how long the server will try before giving up. The longer these are set for, the longer the client is left waiting for a feed when none is available to give.

Keep in mind not to set them too low, if you have some slow tuning channels.

Sorry, wasn't paying close enough attention. I see you say that you've already tried the timeshift settings. When I've changed those settings in the past, it seemed to respect the shorter setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom