noob... single server setup with multi client (1 Viewer)

emilc

January 22, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
hey, I'm new to this page and everything about MP:). I have some questions that I just could not get answers, tryed the search and read the diffent Wiki's on the page.
I intend to run a setup with 1 server and 2 clients. if I understand correctly, then the server is not very high demands on hardware like the client is. right?
can I use a intel p4 3ghz for the server?
Question number 2 is it possible for clients to see each of their channels independently of each other when there is only 1 TV card on the server (dvb-c)?

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
September 30, 2007
Vienna/Austria
Home Country
Poland Poland
HI,
MP Server don't need powerfull CPU so your P4 3Ghz is more than enouth. If you want to use the server with 2 clients you need about 2GB RAM.
On the client you need a little more power especially when you want to watch HDTV/Blu-ray content, especially you need the graphic card with DHCP (for Blu-ray) eg. ATI 4550 passive.
Normally with the DVB-C card you can watch only one channel, also with 2 clients (the same channel on both client's). Which card do you plan to use?

emilc

January 22, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
tnx for a fast reply.. the card that i thinking of using is FloppyDTV C/CI DVB-C Pakke with Viaccess Cam for the danish cable tv provider (TDC/Yousee).
so I must have 2 card from my TV provider, and 2 tv tuner for it to work.? it is gonna be expensive

emilc

January 22, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
it is possible but then i have too create a new account.. so im gonna pay for 2 account, and i dont very wanna do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom