North America - True FTA setup (DVB-S/S2) .. cool, or pointless? (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Good afternoon,

Ages ago, I acquired a PCI DVB-S tuner card, which I've never used for anything. Is there anything worth getting with setting up a DVB-S/S2 card and satellite dish in North America? I can't seem to find any good, true FTA channel lists for North America, and what I can find either appears to be religious, or non-English speaking, and all lists appear to be years old.

Any fellow NA users out there have any success with this?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Not to be that guy, but one last minor issue... I got EPG-Buddy set up and running on it's new machine, but when mapping guide channels to database channels in EPGB, there is one channel name that is in the MP database but is not in the drop-down box in EPGB. The channel is correct in TV server, and it works there. I even looked at...
    Not to be that guy, but one last minor issue... I got EPG-Buddy set up and running on it's new machine, but when mapping guide...
    Hi. I like to introduce our latest tool, called "EPG-Buddy". This program should make EPG grabbing as easy as possible. Up to now a...
    Replies
    Views
    Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this probably does not apply to you. Before I begin, a huge THANK YOU to mm1352000 for his assistance in getting this working! This turned out to be a big part of the solution, but just keep in mind that if you...
    Problem solved. PLEASE NOTE that this post ONLY applies for users in North America. If you live elsewhere in the world this...
    Please help! Brand new MediaPortal user here (just installed it today) and I am trying to make it work with my 5 satellite dishes...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm switching to DVB-S2 from DVB-C and I very much need a reliable card. I do not need twin tuner, a single one is enough. I was looking at the DVBSky cards, and I read they are quite good and reliable, no issues with drivers, stand-by, freezing, shuttering, slow channel change, etc. I have a small itx home media server based on...
    Hi, I'm switching to DVB-S2 from DVB-C and I very much need a reliable card. I do not need twin tuner, a single one is enough. I...
    Hi, I'm switching to DVB-S2 from DVB-C and I very much need a reliable card. I do not need twin tuner, a single one is enough. I...
    Replies
    Views
    @erichzann, just an FYI to say that "True Drama" and "Tiny Tots+1" channels have been added to Freesat and are now included in the DVB EPG.
    @erichzann, just an FYI to say that "True Drama" and "Tiny Tots+1" channels have been added to Freesat and are now included in the...
    Mediaportal Version: 1.5 MediaPortal Skin: Titan Windows Version: Windows 8.1 CPU Type: Intel Celeron Dual Core SSD: Kingston...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, I do. I'm usually jumping between MythTV and MediaPortal, but I have been in one way or another for a few years. I am using a motor, actually a Vbox which is driving the actuator on the 10 footer. If you have C band capabilities the world really opens up. There is quite a bit of good stuff on Ku though. I like RTN (you can get a...
    Yes, I do. I'm usually jumping between MythTV and MediaPortal, but I have been in one way or another for a few years. I am using a...
    Anybody doing English FTA in North America? Are you using a motor or just fixed on a couple satellites? Anything really up there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom