Not allowed to upload .bat or .cmd files to wiki / forum (1 Viewer)

Thoughts

• It's safe to allow all users to upload .bat / .cmd files (given they can already upload .exe's)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not safe, but I would be happy to relax restriction to users with > X posts

• It's not safe, keep the restriction for all regular users

• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Has anyone thought of removing this limitation?

Reasons
    1. It's annoying
    2. .exe can be just as harmful, infact the .exe 's code is hidden from view
    3. Easy to circumvent by packaging in a .zip or asking users to rename the file upon downloading

If you think it's dangerous then is it possible for either;
    users with > 200 posts are allowed to upload .bat / .cmd files
    team members are allowed to upload .bat / .cmd files

Thoughts?

Also a bit of personal background, I've had a large amount of files accidently deleted by a community plugin that is in the respository, whereas I have never had any files deleted by a community forum hosted script

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks @doskabouter , I will look there when I get home this afternoon.
    Thanks @doskabouter , I will look there when I get home this afternoon.
    GitHub repository | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means team-members and plugin devs can reply, but others can not, hence it is "read only".
    Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means...
    Dear community, I started this thread some time ago in the internal team forums, but we think it is time to share it with you. It...
    Replies
    Views
    • Poll
    MP1 MP2 Artist Bios DE
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/120546/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/120546/
    OK I was quite surprised how many people want artist bios. So poll attached for where we should get this data Currently these are...
    Replies
    Views
    I'd be happy to test DVb-t here. I live in Australia and I seem to recall tv channel scanning inside MP a long time ago.... Hmm it worked fine back then.. I don't recall the version it was. Anyway.. An MP GUI for the basic settings would be great! Consider scanning, channels, groups, DVb-epg.. A separate app for tv settings? We...
    I'd be happy to test DVb-t here. I live in Australia and I seem to recall tv channel scanning inside MP a long time ago.... Hmm it...
    Started on: 08-01-2012 last update: 08-01-2012 Summary: To make Freeview/DVB-T channel scanning and management more like a STB...
    Replies
    Views
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/onlinevideos-2-0-0-0-2015-03-26.130171/
    Closing this looong thread due to the new release. Discussions now here...
    Google Code project | Wiki | Skinning Guide | Available Sites | German Thread History I restarted development on the OnlineVideos...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom