[solved] Not finding channels on scan (1 Viewer)

charlietangogo

August 1, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
We currently use WMC for TV and movies, and knowing windows 10 will no longer support WMC, I would like to use MediaPortal again (used it some years ago).

My problem is that after installing, when I try to scan for channels nothing is found. I know the cards work fine because WMC is operating ok and all the channels are there. I also tried out ArgusTV before deciding on MediaPortal, and managed to successfully scan all the local channels on it.

I have made sure that I followed the hybrid card configuration instructions. I have uninstalled ArgusTV along with XBMC to eliminate any potential conflicts there. I have also disabled WMC thinking that it may be locking up the tuner cards. Still no go :(

Log files attached, hopefully I'm over looking something simple? or I'm missing a step? I can not understand why the cards work fine with WMC and Argus and not with MediaPortal. Anyone had a similar issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome back :)

What country/region are you scanning?
    Are you sure that MediaPortal has the correct frequencies for that country/region?

Regards,
    mm

charlietangogo

August 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I'm in Australia. Region is QLD-Gold Coast
    I am assuming the frequencies are correct, good point though, I'll check on that.

charlietangogo

August 1, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi mm
    Thank you for pointing me in this direction, I've had some success after selecting "Australia-All Regions Safe" instead of "QLD-Gold Coast".

Seems the pre-set Gold Coast list is incorrect on MediaPortal, for me at least (northern end of the Gold Coast).

Here is the MediaPortal TV Server failed scan result;
    Gold Coast scan - failed.jpg

Here is the Gold Coast digital TV frequency list (found at http://ozdigitaltv.com/transmitters/QLD/576-Mount-Tamborine );
    Gold Coast - digital TV frequencies table.jpg

and here is the successful Media Portal scan (that resulted in the 36 expected channels);
    All Regions Safe scan - success.jpg

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom