Not recording (1 Viewer)

deltad

Portal Member
May 18, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I’ve been using MP1.4.0 on my XP(sp3) computer for the last couple of years, it has been working well. However, last Thurs. all my shows stopped recording. They show up in the scheduled database, and I can watch the program live while it’s supposed to be recording so the tuner is working. I tried adding scheduled recordings, no results.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling mp1.4 same problem. Tried a complete uninstall & reinstall, same problem.

I found it interesting enough that my schedule and channels are all still there, I thought I did a complete uninstall. Tried again and uninstalled sql 5.0, I also did a windows search and deleted all files & folders that I could find using “portal” and “Media” and “team” as the search term. Reinstalled MP1.4 and sql5.0, Same problem, nothing recording, also my recording schedule is still there! And my tuners still show all the channels without rebuilding them.

How do I uninstall and start completely over?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Starting over likely to be completely unnecessary to solve the problem. I can tell you how if you insist that's what you want to do. However you'd save a lot of time (rescanning channels, reconfiguring EPG etc.) if you would provide log files and let me look at the problem. There's a good chance I can supply a solution in 5 minutes if you do that.

deltad

Portal Member
    May 18, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for your response, I think I just solved the recording problem by following these instructions that I found on the wiki support pages...

Repairing database (MySQL)
    If you suddenly have a problem with entering the TVGuide screen or even watching LiveTV is not possible ("Unknown Error") it could be that your TV database got corrupt. This can happen because of a power failure or other unexpected system shutdown.

To fix this do the following please:

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.

2. Stop the TV Service: Type (or Copy/Paste) net stop TVService
    3. Type (or Copy/Paste) cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    4. Type (or Copy/Paste) mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p ,and hit return/enter.
    5. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).

6. Start the TV Service: Type (or Copy/Paste) net start TVService

Note: mysqlcheck must be used when the mysqld server is running.

Caution: It is the best practice to make a backup of database before performing repair operation; under some circumstances the operation might cause data loss.

Note: When you have a different version of MySQL installed (for example when you updated to the 5.6 install), you'll have to adjust the Program Files path (step 3). For 5.6 that would become cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin

PS: If still unable to repair your database then you may need to look for an advanced MySQL repair application that can repair tables. And below software has shown tremendous result in this category.

http://www.stellarinfo.com/mysql-repair.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom