[fixed] Not sure if its a bug - or an "enhancement" - EPG scroll not stopping at top channel (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: W7x64 (fully patched)
    CPU Type: AMD Phenom II X3 705e
    HDD: 1 x 64GB Intel X25e SSD, 2 x Samsung 1TB
    Memory: 8GB 1333MHz (6GB Timeshift)
    Motherboard: M4A785TD-M EVO
    Video Card: ATI HD5450 Passive
    Video Card Driver: 10.10a
    Sound Card: Integrated
    Sound Card AC3: Integrated
    Sound Card Driver: W7's
    1. TV Card: Hauppuage Nova S/S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVBS/S2
    1. TV Card Driver: W7's
    2. TV Card: Hauppuage Nova S/S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVBS/S2
    2. TV Card Driver: W7's
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 5 (Unlocked)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF 5 (Unlocked)
    h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV (Due to BBC HD VBR issue)
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28.2E
    HTPC Case: Antec
    Cooling: Scythe Ninja Mini (passive), Nocturna case
    Power Supply: Antec
    Remote: Harmony 525
    TV: Samsung LE37B650
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI to TV, Optical to Sony AV

Hi all,

Aplogises if this is not the correct place (or whether this is actually a bug??) - But my other half is giving me grief so I thought I'd check! :D

With 1.2.0 (Blue3Wide) when you scroll through the EPG you can scroll up and loop through back at the bottom of the channel list. Previously when you scrolled up and hit the first channel in your list it would stop. I am using a channel group, ordered numerically.

My other half used to rely on scrolling up and letting MePo stop her at the top of the channel list, but now she scrolls straight passed the first channel and ends up near the "bottom" of the list again.

I haven't posted any logs yet (as I'm not sure if this new functionality is deliberate) - I'll wait for Infinite.loop to shout at me! :O

J. :D

bubsy83

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Brecon
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Re: Not sure if its a bug - or an "enhancement" - EPG scroll not stopping at top chan

I prefer it as I have 130 channels and it is a nightmare having to scroll all the way down the list to get to the bottom

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Not sure if its a bug - or an "enhancement" - EPG scroll not stopping at top chan

Yep, I'm hoping the scroll wrap around is a new 1.2 feature too, as I prefer it this way.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Even if a wrap around is intentional it should first stop at the top / bottom. Workflow should be

Push Up (when somewhere down on channel >1) and keep pressed, MP moves up until channel = 1, then stops. User releases Up and presse Up again MP wraps around to the last one. (same should be the otherway around).

To do this, you just have to check if you wrap around that the current keypress is not a repeated keypress.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country

Even if a wrap around is intentional it should first stop at the top / bottom. Workflow should be

Push Up (when somewhere down on channel >1) and keep pressed, MP moves up until channel = 1, then stops. User releases Up and presse Up again MP wraps around to the last one. (same should be the otherway around).

To do this, you just have to check if you wrap around that the current keypress is not a repeated keypress.

That's exactly the functionality I would be after.
    Rich

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

It is a new feature. But is supposed to stop when you get to the top or bottom of the list, just like a nomal list. But I think there is a problem with the scrolling-code.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies/feedback - I agree totally with the above, and how everyone thinks it should work, ie - it should not automatically scroll straight past the beginning or end of the list, but should stop, until you repress the scroll button again, at which point if its at the button it should start at the top, or if its at the top, it should appear at the bottom. :)

I've just checked with a keyboard - it does not stop at the top or bottom of the list it just keeps on scrolling (I was thinking perhaps it was a remote control issue - but the keyboard suffers too)

If any Dev would like me to post logs (although I'm not sure logs would help in this instance) let me know.

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom