Not sure where to start to get Music working (1 Viewer)

Enwezor

September 13, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I haven't been able to get music working for a couple of years. I just gave up but I'm hoping someone can tell me where I have gone wrong.

Ripping
1. All my music is ripped into FLAC files
2. Each CD was ripped with the following folder naming standard <AlbumArtist> - <AlbumYear> - <AlbumName>
3. In each album folder, each track uses the following naming standard <tracknumber> - <trackname>
4. Each album was tagged using MediaMonkey and all the artwork downloaded. I'm not sure how this works with FLAC files as I don't think FLAC supports tagging.

Problem
1. I'm running mediaportal 1.5
2. I've tried using Files & Folders and the Database option. Both present the same problem. They can see the correct number of music files on my hard drive but in MediaPortal, there are always 2 versions displaying and one of them has a track duration of 0:00 and of course won't play. It is so frustrating as it did seem to work a few versions ago but to be honest, it has never worked well.
3. I have tried everything to no avail except trying MPTagThat and renaming all my files which I don't want to do.

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Each album was tagged using MediaMonkey and all the artwork downloaded. I'm not sure how this works with FLAC files as I don't think FLAC supports tagging.
    FLAC supports APE tags.

I'm running mediaportal 1.5
    Any particular reason for not upgrading to 1.8?

I've tried using Files & Folders and the Database option. Both present the same problem. They can see the correct number of music files on my hard drive but in MediaPortal, there are always 2 versions displaying and one of them has a track duration of 0:00 and of course won't play. It is so frustrating as it did seem to work a few versions ago but to be honest, it has never worked well.
    I use Winamp for music so have never spent a lot of time getting MP music working. However when I have tried it I never had problems like this. Especially with shares (files + folders) view. It mostly just worked. I'll double check tomorrow.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a .cue file inside the music folder? If so, then please delete .cue from the supported extension list and try again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom