Notebook broken, anybody know where to start... (1 Viewer)

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ThX for the input guys :) The notebook is a "Packard Bell" "OneTouch H5"

I'm afraid it's not a easy fix myself, removed all hardware (as far as possible) but still no change, i've measured the output of the adaptor and it gives the amounth of volts it needs to, removed the battery from the mainbord to reset it all without any luck.

Does anybody know if a laptop works without a battery if the adaptor is plugged, or does it need to make a circuit ?

Another thing i notice is that the green led on the adaptor almost drops dead when i try to put the notebook on, makes me fear there is a short circuit.

ThX again......

that is down to system design some lappies use the battery as the supply and the inverter siply as a charger, others use a switching design, quality designs will use regulated inverters.
try it without the battery but as stated unless you know if this particular model will boot without it it's not much of an indicator. also remove drives as failed ones can cause boot failure, so can keyboard but doesn't draw enough power to cause led dipping on psu

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Removed all drives allready, tride to unplug some connectors on the board to see if that makes any difference but nothing changes.

Ones again ThX for the input guys....

But I gave up on it, RIP (damn that hurts, damn machine won on me ;) )

Greetz Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom