Notify Me (1 Viewer)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I know there is already a "Notify" option which pops up a little dialog box 5 minutes before a program starts, however I'd like to see the following changes.

Custom Notify Time: I'd like the option to be able to change how many minutes in advance the notification pops up.

Auto Tune: I'd also like to see an option which would automatically change the channel to watch a program instead of just popping up a dialog box.

Perhaps both of these options can be addressed in the following way.

When you select a program and turn on notification, you can choose either to provide a popup dialog box X minutes from the start of the program, or you can tune to the program automatically at the start time.

MrMad

Portal Pro
May 18, 2005
Göteborg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I agree. I think the whole point of the "Notify me" function is to remind me that my show is starting, so I can change channels. 5 minutes is long enough for me to forget it, I would rather set it at 5 seconds :!:

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Guys - on the list...

Guys - on the list. Hang tight but this is one I am discussing with Frodo and will get to it likely once he returns. It's on one of our lists - ....!!!!

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I personally don't want an alarm on the notification. I would find this intrusive. Perhaps a setting as to how long the notification window pops up for could be included as well.

critifer

Portal Pro
February 9, 2005
Currently we have a "reminder" which has static characteristics. If u look at 2RC1 u will see our new Program Info screen where this is ON/OFF. If we change much here it will be the characteristics of what that window does when it pops, and how long it sticks there... We've discussed sound definition, length, yada yada ... If u don't want it - u don't check it.

Khris said:
I personally don't want an alarm on the notification. I would find this intrusive. Perhaps a setting as to how long the notification window pops up for could be included as well.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MrMad said:
I agree. I think the whole point of the "Notify me" function is to remind me that my show is starting, so I can change channels. 5 minutes is long enough for me to forget it, I would rather set it at 5 seconds :!:

Showing the channel number in the popup would be a good idea too :)
I'm going from memory, but I don't think that is displayed now (at least with the projectx skin).

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
critifer said:
Currently we have a "reminder" which has static characteristics. If u look at 2RC1 u will see our new Program Info screen where this is ON/OFF. If we change much here it will be the characteristics of what that window does when it pops, and how long it sticks there... We've discussed sound definition, length, yada yada ... If u don't want it - u don't check it.

Khris said:

I haven't installed 2RC1 yet as I'm leary of screwing up my system which is/has been working flawlessly for quite some time.

I guess I'll have to take the plunge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom