NOVA-T-500 standby problem (1 Viewer)

bart007

Portal Member
May 30, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone have same problem with Hauppauge WinTV NOVA T 500 pci tuner: MP refuses to play live TV when resuming from S3 standby. I have to restart MP everytime resuming from S3 stanby. Everything works fine when resuming from S1 (but then all fans are on when in S1)

I know Nova 500 is actualy USB tuner hooked up to PCI, so each time pc comes back from S3, tuner is reconneted. But still it would be nice to be able to watch live TV onec tuner is detected (it takes only couple of seconds).

Thanks for any help

Bart

D

dm15644

Search the forum, this is a known problem. I've been playing with scripts restarting the tuner which never worked reliably, so now I'm using startonwake and shutdown -r to restart my machine when it wakes up.

/jayrock.

bart007

Portal Member
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Thanks, I've found post about magic option in the power scheduler: "reinit tuners on wakeup" but that works only when power scheduler wakes machine, not when I wake it from remote, so still no joy. It would be nice to have same option for MP.

Anyway I'm thinking about getting another tuner,nova t 500 is just badly desinged (usb on pci), to much hassle to get it all work properly.

Thanks
Bart

D

dm15644

I'm actually quite happy with it. I had other tuners before, and they all have issues. This one is quite small I would say. And the workaround is very easy.

/jayrock

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Personally use PVR-Scheduler and no problems whatsoever, simply it shuts down MP prior to standby and restart MP after the drivers have reinitialized properly, pretty much default setting, yes its not free, but a few euro's buy peace of mind.

Highly recommended, and a lot cheaper than Vista (which does this anyway).

bart007

Portal Member
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah t-500 is really nice tuner I'm quite happy with it appart of the standby issue which drives me mad. I might stick with S1, as I have only two 'silent' fans in PSU (elonex artisan), so it's not that bad.

I'll try get my hands on Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Pro Tuner as it's supposed to be 'normal', I wonder how will it come when compared to t-500.

Bart

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom