Now Playing display not working from Playlist (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.81GHz
HDD: ?? 200Gb
Memory: 1Gb DDM
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8M800
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6200 (128 MB)
Video Card Resolution: 1440x900
Sound Card: (on board) Realtek AC'97
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5930
1. TV Card: LeadTek WinFast DTV1000 T
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
Remote: MCE
TV: Acer AL1916 19" widescreen monito
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this used to work but now doesn't (as I haven't used it much before, if at all), but Now Playing shows "No track information available" when I link to it from Current Playlist. Works fine linking from other Music displays.

Tried it in BlueTwo, BlueTwo Wide and Replicant. Tried BASS player and dshow player. All give the same results.

Also, My Lyrics shows "No track playing".

Does anyone else have this, or did I screw up the config somehow?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since the music overlay (which gathers the track information) is always "active" regardless of the screen it's quite unusual/strange any "order of screens" could affect that...

Did you modify one of the skin's files?

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    RTV, thans for your reply.

Did you modify one of the skin's files?

Yes, I've been changing (bug fixing, tweaking, improving) some of the skin files for BlueTwo Wide. However, I've changed no files for BlueTwo or Replicant, and the same problem occurs in those too.

It could be a skins problem, but I have been changing a few things in the config to try and fix or pin down other problems, and that might also have caused it.

I plan to reinstall the skins files, so they are vanilla, and see if the problem still occurs.

As no-one has posted, I'm guessing I'm the only one with the problem - so I'll try a few more things to see if I can pin it down. I'll let you know how I get on.
    :D

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I've finally made some progess with this. I added a new item to one of the playlists, and found with this new item, "now playing" worked OK. It still didn't work with the other items on the playlist.

So, this gives me the fix - I just need to recreate all my playlists. Fortunately I don't have too many and only one long one.

At some stage in updating to 2.1 or 2.2, I recreated the music database (in MP Setup), and I suspect this is when the problem started.

Anyone know why this might have occured. Apart from the displayed name now being "artist - title" instead of "track file", I can't see any other difference in the new and old playlist items in the playlist file. Perhaps that's enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom