"Now Playing" info for streaming radio? (1 Viewer)

mikkele

February 4, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I've been a bit annoyed by the fact that MP does not display any "Now Playing" information when listening to a streaming radio (e.g. SHOUTcast). The only thing that gets displayed in the label in the lower left corner (below the video box) is a non-sensical string, typically the port number of the radio URL.

And as a result I has been looking into how to fix this. My first thought was that the AxWindowsMediaPlayer used by MP ought to be able to tell me this, but after querying the interface it seems not to be the case.

I have then fiddled around with getting the information from the stream server in the GUIRadio.cs module itself using the principle listed in http://www.codeproject.com/cs/media/SHOUTcastRipper.asp, and this seems to be doable.

Before making a fool of myself by trying to submit any of this, I would like to hear if anyone else has some input and/or ideas on this subject.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe your fix will not only solve the streaming radio but also many streaming video plugins (I know they will probably need to change the code in the plugin to accept the change) have the same problem that the string doesn't help the WAF and in general just does not look good. The plugin which only shows the same cryptic text is the my Trailer plugin. I should note that the MyMusicVideos plugin looks fine in the now playing mini-window.

Anything to help the WAF factor I believe needs to be pursued! Please go for it!!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom