NRK Browser (1 Viewer)

orz

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hey all,

During christmas I was installing Media Portal on my new laptop, and was surprised that I couldn't find a plugin to view the online content from www.nrk.no, so I decided to write one.

It's very basic, and I haven't done any improvements to it since then, but I decided to upload it here in case anyone else would find it useful. The source is included, so feel free to make improvements to it :)

Link to the plugin: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - NRK webstreams

PS: I Just noticed there is also an NRK Open Online Spotlight plugin. I haven't tried that one yet, so I don't know how mine compares to it, but I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

andykvakk

Portal Member
November 28, 2007
Kristiansand
Home Country
Norway Norway
It works for me, but some of the content does not work, i guess it is NRKs fault. It works better than the online spotlig plugin as well, and you have categorized the content. Good work, finally I can view Åpen Post on my TV :-D

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow, this is pretty cool! I've been hoping for a plugin like this for a long time. I do seem to have some bandwidth issues, as the videos I've tried to stream starts to stutter and stall after a while. I am on a 3mb/s DSL line, which should be enough for the NRK Web TV streams, but streaming from Norway to the US is sometimes a challenge. When using the NRK Web TV web site it will test your connection and adjust the bitrate accordingly. How are you dealing with that in this plugin?

orz

Portal Member
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I uploaded a new version today, with a fix to the skin folders and with a settings dialog where the connection speed can be specified.

Should be downloadable from the same link as above, as soon as an administrator approves it :)

Terje

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
If compiling doesn't scare you Spragleknas, you could change the method "protected void PlayClip(Clip item)" to use g_Player.PlayVideoStream(url, item.Title); instead of PlayListplayer and get OSD. Using this seems a little more buggy than non-osd player however.

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I uploaded a new version today, with a fix to the skin folders and with a settings dialog where the connection speed can be specified.

THANK YOU! I reduced the connection speed, and it plays perfectly now. With much better quality than I get from the video podcasts from NRK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom