NVIDIA Decoder icon and controls (1 Viewer)

ivankurac3

Portal Pro
December 21, 2005
Zagreb, Croatia
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
This is the most weird thing I have ever seen. I don't know how it works, but it worked for me.
I used to have the tray icon only with Windows Media Player. And even then all the picture controls were greyed out except for brightnes and hue.
Then I did the following(inspired by something I read in another's HTPC application forum):
Find MediaPortal.xml file and look for all "Nvidia Video Decoder" and "Nvidia Audio Decoder" entries. Then replace it with "NVIDIA nStant Media". Later I have tried just "Nvidia". Maybe you can put whatever in there, I don't know...
BUT, when I started MediaPortal MyTv, not only that the icon appeared, but also ALL THE PICTURE CONTROLS WERE AVAILABLE! Windows Media Player still has only brightness and hue.

Could some expert please try to explain how this works, and how to use this hack properly? Maybe even with other programs! This is crazy! :shock:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ivankurac3

Hi, lost my system tray icon after upgrading to the latest version, but used graphedit to prove still useing nvidia codec.
    Strange about the name change, but if it works will give it a go.
    Thanks for the TIP.

8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom