Nvidia has no plans for a PureVideo Decoder for Vista in the near future (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I put a question to Nvidia about if they intend to release a PureVideo Decoder for MS Vista. Here are the answer. What decoder is the prefered one using MP on Vista? On MCE2005 I used the Nvidia PureVideo.

Subject
    Are you going to release a version of the NVIDIA Purevideo Decoder software w...

Response (MP) 01/09/2007 08:10 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email that you want to know whether there will be a version of Purevideo decoder for the Microsoft Windows Vista RTM.

Please be informed that there are no plans for the version of Purevideo decoder for the Windows Vista RTM operating system in near future.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Regards,
    NVIDIA Customer Care.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for your fast aswer.

A followup question.

Do you mean that I can use a x264 decoder to decode MPEG2? I thought it was for MPEG4 only.

Does this mean that I can use for example the CoreAVC decoder for live TV, DVDs in MP?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I put a followup question to Nvidia and here are the answer.

Question;
    Does this mean that the PureVideo decoder that I have bought from you and use in my MCE2005 PC will not work if I upgrade to Microsoft Vista?

Answer;
    Hello,
    Yes, the Purevideo decoder used in Windows MCE operating system will not work with Microsoft Vista operating system.

arfster

Portal Member
    January 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Urrm, purevideo works fine in Vista. Having said that, PowerDVD7 does everything the same nowadays anyway (ie you can get it to access all DXVA features such as spatial-temporal deinterlacing), so if you have that the separate purevideo decoder is completely unnecessary.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Strange that you say PureVideo runs fine om Vista when Nvidia support say it does not. Could it be that some hardware acceleration support does not work in Vista? Or the Directx10 support is missing? Or the match between PureVideo and the new Vista ForceWare drivers are not compatible?

Many questions...

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Do you asked a support every time?!?

Just test it and when it doesn't work you should ask :)

It works, but ffdshow has the better results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom