Obligatory noob thread - first impressions and gripes (2 Viewers)

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I also have a small collection of videos ripped from YouTube, home movies, etc. Some video thumbnails would be nice (a'la WMC). Is there a way to generate them in MP2?

Update: I am now getting video thumbs. Not sure why I wasn't seeing them before!

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Second update: I am also now getting image thumbs! I swear I didn't change anything, but I am now getting image thumbs for almost all my folders. Some still wont display. Maybe they will generate after more time.

There is now a new weird bug though.

If I have a folder with the right number of images in it to exactly fill the "grid" as far as the right hand side of the screen (in my case that's 8 columns of thumbs) then selecting any thumbnail in the 8th column makes MP2 crash. If there is less or more than 8 columns, it doesn't crash.
Thumbs bug.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I have a folder with the right number of images in it to exactly fill the "grid" as far as the right hand side of the screen (in my case that's 8 columns of thumbs) then selecting any thumbnail in the 8th column makes MP2 crash. If there is less or more than 8 columns, it doesn't crash.
    Can you try the library view (which is generally better to use). I have possibly an idea what could create the crash.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Can you try the library view (which is generally better to use). I have possibly an idea what could create the crash.

You are right. On screens with 8 columns of thumbs, in library view there is no crash if I select the thumbs in the 8th column.
    Unfortunately my images are not that well organised, so I really need to use folder view :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reason is, that the folder style has a thumb layout and images a square layout. Before scrolling the crash happens because of not enough margins.
    @Brownard
    Any good idea? The folder style is common independent from aspect of other covers. The crash is probably created by smooth scrolling margins. I’ll try to fiddle a bit around tomorrow with the margins, if you do not have a better idea.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, can you post a set of debug logs showing the issue (see here for how to). When you say it crashes, does MP2 actually crash to desktop or does it just lock up?

@ge2301 are you able to reproduce on the latest 2.2 build?

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Hi, can you post a set of debug logs showing the issue (see here for how to). When you say it crashes, does MP2 actually crash to desktop or does it just lock up?

Hi Brownard,

I enabled debug logging, triggered the crash and then collected the logs. I hope they are helpful.

By crash, I mean I get a Windows dialogue box saying he program has stopped working - see screengrab.
    Image browser crash.jpg

For info, I installed MP2 on my Windows 8.1 tablet today as client only, and I get the same error.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-09-01-21.40.14.zip
      692.6 KB

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    I have updated the "steps to reproduce" in the bug report thread after noticing that the image folder that caused the problem also has to contain a subfolder, as well as 8 columns of thumbs.

As this has now been recognised as a real bug, probably better to move the discussion there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom