Obtaining of the value by "#selecteditem" doesn't work properly - FIXED? (1 Viewer)

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: XP Professional SP3
CPU Type: Athlon X2 BE-2350
HDD: 2 x Seagate 160Gb SATA
Memory: 4 x 512Mb
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3200 Internal
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
HTPC Case: Mozart SX VC7001SNS
Cooling: Thermaltake Blue Orb II
Power Supply: Zalman ZM460B-APS
Remote: iMON PAD
TV: LG 42LG6000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI-HDMI

Hello!
I observe this problem from the beginning of MediaPortal using, namely from RC2.
When I open "My Music" (same with "My Videos") at the first time after running of MediaPortal, the property "#selecteditem" doesn't receive the value equal to a chosen element ("Info:" is empty) (see screenshot "1.jpg").
However, when I do some action, for example, I press some key or select some list item by mouse, the property "#selecteditem" becomes equal to it and "Info:" show me, what I chose (see screenshot "2.jpg").
Then, after opening of some folder from list at the first time, the property "#selecteditem" must be equal "[..]", but it's does not occur (see screenshot "3.jpg"), until I do some action or choose some list item (see screenshot "4.jpg").
This problem does not concern of "My Pictures"!
Please, correct this problem or tell me, what project item(s) needs to be corrected to get rid of a problem. I have tried to find, what part of source code is responsible for it, but it's very difficult and i couldn't do it by myself.

:D

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
Screenshots are attached

I'm afraid you have not understood, what I meant. Therefore I have applied screenshots. Help! Please!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.4 KB
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43.3 KB
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    37.1 KB
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    37.3 KB

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
I'm very sorry, but this thread was put up because here hasn't arrived any answer. Please, help

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
Excuse me, will be any answer here or not? Or you think it's normal functioning? :(

Balagun

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
Hello all!
The problem solution was found, but I am not absolutely sure that it's correct, in spite of the fact that failures are not present as a result of patching.
There are two conditions, which were never fulfilled during debugging:

1. GUIMusicFiles.cs (~ Ln 453):

Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][I]if (_selectedItem >= 0 && !itemSelected)
{
   GUIControl.SelectItemControl(GetID, facadeView.GetID, _selectedItem);
}[/I][/COLOR]
The _selectedItem was always equal "-1", and I could not to achieve, that it would be equal ">=0".
I've removed _selectedItem >= 0 && from this condition, and I've obtained properly functioning without failures.

2. GUIVideoFiles.cs (~ Ln 2064):

Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][I]if (_currentSelectedItem >= 0)
{
   GUIControl.SelectItemControl(GetID, facadeView.GetID, _currentSelectedItem);
   return true;
}
else
{
   Log.Debug("GUIVideoFiles: SelectCurrentItem - nothing to do for item {0}", _currentSelectedItem.ToString());
   return false;
}[/I][/COLOR]
The _currentSelectedItem was always equal "-1", and I couldn't to achieve, that it would be equal ">=0". Therefore else was always satisfied.
Instead of this condition I have left:

Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][I]GUIControl.SelectItemControl(GetID, facadeView.GetID, _currentSelectedItem);
return true;[/I][/COLOR]
and I have obtained properly functioning without failures.

Questions for developers:
In what cases these conditions are satisfied? Whether it is possible to delete them from the source code absolutely?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom