ocz vertex 2E failed (1 Viewer)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
great, turned over to my htpc yesterday to find the machine sat at a `choose proper boot device` screen. Red light on the back of the drive and missing from bios! quick read around and its a dead drive brilliant. all my databases lost windows install, artists ive downloaded everything setup wise gone!
Stress.com

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds familiar ;-) I also had a OCZ Vertex 2 in use which died almost exactly one year after buying (same as above, completely dead, all data los). Got a replacement form OCZ (Vertex 2E this time) which exactly worked another year after the replacement. Again all data lost and the SSD was no longer usable. Be sure to make regular backups when using OCZ SSDs.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    How long was the SSD in usage? Just wonder and wait when the first SSDs fail on my installations...

thanks,

i bought the original vertex 2e when they first came out 3 years ago and it failed just after a year of use and its replacement is the one which has just died, and as far as im concerned unless they have dramatically changed i will not be buying another!

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Vertex 2 range is flawed, ocz have a terrible name as a result - lookup vertex 2 on amazon to see virtually every review is bad

Modern drives are ok, vertex 4 onwards I believe

I switched from ocz to Samsung drives
    830 and my other system 840 pro

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    I have just bought a samsung 840 120 GB and i am also setting up regular backup routines so its alll automated and i wont forget or never get around to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom