OFBD Scraper (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I like this new version but I find it quite annoying how all internet communication makes the whole program freeze. Maybe consider doing some in a background thread? Would make the program more responsive.

@above:

If you take a look @ the backdrop this tool downloads it are actually screenshots. They are not meant to be used in the way StreamedMP does it's screenshots (which it calls it backdrops) cause the resolution of those images are first of all 4:3 or some diff format then the most usual 16:9 and second to low to look good.

So what you could do in streamedmp is edit the xml and put something like this in there:
<control>
<id>1</id>
<description>Game poster or flyer</description>
<type>image</type>
<posX>15</posX>
<posY>300</posY>
<width>242</width>
<height>343</height>
<texture flipY="true" diffuse="Thumb_Mask.png">backdrop_#selectedthumb</texture>
<visible>facadeview.list+Control.IsVisible(50)</visible>
</control>

to have those images show as well

bonkers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Hi!

Update V1.4.1

HTML2Plain Special chars conversion added.
    Catch error when no internet connection is avaliable.
    Define custom filename for thumbnails and backarts.
    Define creation of subdirectory with emulator title.
    So i hope the plugin becomes compatibility with any skin.

Please show first post for the version 1.4.1

Bye

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The grabber is beginning to work well. Thanks for your work.

I like this new version but I find it quite annoying how all internet communication makes the whole program freeze. Maybe consider doing some in a background thread? Would make the program more responsive.

I agree on this. With a long list of ROMS the program is very "unresponsive". Trying to confirm a title in the drop downn menu while the program is still grabbing is very hard.

I'm also having trouble with the game Q*bert: Q*bert for NES - MobyGames
    The game is titled "Q-bert.nes" on my computer. It seems to find the correct game, but I get a error message saying something like "Illegal character" or something and then the program will not respond anymore..

bonkers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Hi!
    Thanks for bugreport.
    I will fix it with the special character.

Ok i will try to fix the speed problem.

Bye

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm a little confused how this install works. There is a .application file in the rar file, and if I double click it it asks if I want to install the application. Should I be doing this, or should I just be running the .exe file? If I just run the .exe file I get a bunch of errors that a bunch of folders don't exist and the settings option in the program is greyed out!

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Finally got around to testing this and it can not find any games for me. It says nothing in the field for the title of the game, and wont find anything even if I try to change the name. It does this for all games. I dont know what happened, the old one worked better than this.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Atreides:

I had that yesterday too. I thinkl it's the site (mobygames), maybe changed or inaccesible currently

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    joz
    Yeah I thought the same thing, and I checked to see if the site was down but it wasn't. Maybe they did change something though that the scrapper can't figure out.

bonkers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Hi!
    Thank you for bug report.
    I will try fix all listet bugs so fast as possible.
    But at the moment my job has too long days.
    The scrapper can´t work at the moment, because mobygames changed their search engine. :(
    I try it to fix it until this saturday night, so that the scrapper works at sunday or
    i hope earlier again.

:sorry: that a release of a bugfix takes long time.

Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom