Offline DVD Collection? (1 Viewer)

TechnoBuddhi

Portal Member
September 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Presumably this is a trivial thing to do, but I can't for the life of me find an answer anywhere!!

I've got some DVDs backed up to hard disk, some lo-res movies and a fair few HiDef movies that I now have in the movie database and that play perfectly, thumbnails and everything.

I've got over 200 DVDs that I would like to be added to the movie database. I need something that says "Please insert disk" type thing when I select the movie in MP.

I could easily create a little .avi that displays a please insert disk thing, but there's got to be a better and simpler way! I'm on MP v1rc2.

I've installed Ant Movie Catalogue but I don't see anything that helps me; like "offline" or something similar so it doesn't help when I import into the movie database.

Somebody please put me out of my misery!

Thanks

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well, with 200 DVDs it could become difficult. What is wokring, but you will have much work to do:
    1) Insert DVD
    2) Don't play it
    3) Go to My Videos
    4) Change to Share View
    5) You can see your DVD drive
    6) Highlight it and hit F3 -> IMDB Search
    7) The DVD will be added to the internal Database
    8) Change to a database view (like title view)
    If you now hit play on the DVD entry, you will be asked to insert the DVD, if it is not present.

I think there are easier ways, if you already have ant-movie as plugin. But I am not familiar with it.
    If you hit F3 on the database entry and enter the details page you can see a label markes "Disc" which usually stands on "HD". You can change this to "DVD". (Using Skin BlueTwo)

HTH,
    Flip.

TechnoBuddhi

Portal Member
    September 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks!

That is a fair amount of work, especially when I double checked and there's actually a tad more than 250 discs!!

Can't believe this isn't catered for in Media Portal! Is this something that could be suggested as a new feature?

Either 2 prompts;
    Offline? <checkbox>
    Disc # <input box> (enabled if offline is checked)

Or just 1;
    Offline Disc # <input box>

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Hi,

well, with 200 DVDs it could become difficult. What is wokring, but you will have much work to do:
    1) Insert DVD
    2) Don't play it
    3) Go to My Videos
    4) Change to Share View
    5) You can see your DVD drive
    6) Highlight it and hit F3 -> IMDB Search
    7) The DVD will be added to the internal Database
    8) Change to a database view (like title view)
    If you now hit play on the DVD entry, you will be asked to insert the DVD, if it is not present.

I think there are easier ways, if you already have ant-movie as plugin. But I am not familiar with it.
    If you hit F3 on the database entry and enter the details page you can see a label markes "Disc" which usually stands on "HD". You can change this to "DVD". (Using Skin BlueTwo)

HTH,
    Flip.

Is there anything to get offline mp3 albums into the database?

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    I've installed Ant Movie Catalogue but I don't see anything that helps me; like "offline" or something similar so it doesn't help when I import into the movie database.

Somebody please put me out of my misery!
    Have you had a look at the My Films plugin. This can use data from the Ant Movie Catalogue. I believe from memory that if you don't specify a path for the movie in AMC then My Films will prompt you to insert the disc.

TechnoBuddhi

Portal Member
    September 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Thx, I looked at MyFilms and didn't find it any help! I don't think it worked with the theme I'm using(if memory serves me anyway).

Yesterday I created a little 37 second vidclip that tells the user to insert a disc. I'm just adding my titles and pointing all these offline dvds to the same vidclip. Works a treat and I'm quite impressed with my little "insert disc" vidclip. If anybody wants to d/l it, here's the details.

Format: Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz, H.264, 1024 x 576
    Size: 55Mb
    File: PleaseInsertDisc.mov

Here's a few screenies in low .jpg quality.
    PleaseInsertDisc1.jpg

PleaseInsertDisc2.jpg

PleaseInsertDisc3.jpg

:D to everybody for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom