Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

A little help required if you can.

Long story cut short.

I own 2 x 1TB HD103SI Samsung drives, that held. I repeat held 500 odd movies 7 TV Series with several seasons. And more importantly my modifications for MediaPortal.

These said drives where pulled out of my machine last night and 2 of the 4R7 inductors have dissapeared

I have been able to grab the MediaPortal stuff by removing the removing the remaining 4R7 inductor from the drive with the Movies on as I see this as stuff I can replace although I would like to recover if I could. 2 years of work is hard to get back.

I had copies of the Important data on both drives. What I wasn't expecting was the inductors to disappear on both drives.

Anyways keeping it short. Is there anywhere I can by a replacement PCB for these drives? Or does anyone know where I can buy a cheap one of the whole drive. I know the success rate is low on transferring stuff but its better than nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

These are the spinpoint F2 drives?

I doubt you will be able to buy just the PCB's - I tried to do this in the past for other drives. :(

Obvious places to try and buy are eBuyer, CCL, aria, etc.

Exactly which component is it? you can normally buy a replacement resistor/inductor for less than 1 pound.

You could always be "naughty", buy a new drive, swap the circuit board and then return it as faulty - and get your money back as a refund.

J.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom