(Old) My Emulators (1 Viewer)

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
Do AVI video previews work as thumbnails? didn't load for me in the icon view (an image did)... so is this a planned feature?

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The reason why the download link wasn't working is because they want to push the MPI forward and removed my .rar distribution. I've changed the download link on the first page to the MPI release, so if you want to use the .rar distribution you'll have to download it from the SVN.

This scraper looks very interesting! Good work :)

EDIT: I've moved it to a thread of its own.

Jellax

Portal Member
April 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
automounting games

I don´t know if this already has been discussed (I´m to lazy to read through 70 pages of posts :D) but one feature I really would like to see in some plugin like my emulator is automounting games.
There is built in ability to automount dvd.isos in MP so why not games in the same fashion?

What I would like is the following
1. I add my games where I point to where the .iso is and
2. I enter the name of the games
3. Whne I press the name of the game in the list MP mounts the iso and the game autostarts. If I haven´t installed it I install. If the game already is installed I just press play on the autostart dialogue.

Easy to use, I can have a lot of games installed all the time and children friendly

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
To: Chreekar
Is there any way to put description, grade, etc. for the consoles/emulators? I cant find a way to do it in the GUI, but I didn't know if I could put it somewhere in an ini or the actual skin I am using. I am using StreamedMP by the way. Thanks.

jman06

Portal Member
June 8, 2009
correct me if I'm wrong: there is NOT a way to put thumnails to PC games is there?

Also just a suggestion for my emulators under games, on "List" view. In the configuration you can put information text about the rom, and also rate it out of 10 - but all that shows up under the "List" view (which is the preferred view for me), is the description and rating. Now the suggestion: is it possible to move the description a bit lower on the left side so right above it on two lines it would list: "Year Published:" and next line: "Company:" Of course all of that would be typed in via the configuration. That would be awesome!

Also, a issue: For example while playing with Project 64 v.1.7. Most roms will work according to the thread "emulator configurations". But with a few of them, it will load up in PJ64 and it will stop and say this error: "attempt to open file failed". And then after that error, PJ64 will remain open and from there I load up the exact same rom manually and it will play fine. Any ideas?

Other than that, I'm running v.3.2 of My Emulators.

Chreekar

Community Plugin Dev
November 11, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You do the same as with emulator games to put thumbnails to PC games, but instead of putting them in a folder named after the emulator you make one that is called 'PC Games' (unless you haven't translated it). I think the PJ64 error has something to do with DirectX, but I'm not sure.

johnz1

Portal Member
January 19, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thx for the great plugin Chreekar

Is there any way to change the default view for Favorites? I have it show the favorites on launch, but it's always the List view. Is there any way to have Favorites default to the Small Icon view? There doesn't seem to be an option for it in the config menu, and the xml settings file doesn't seem to either.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom