[Blog] On the Couch: Dadeo (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ******************************Note From The Blogger*******************************​

On the Couch will be a weekly blog, each week featuring a different member of the Team/Community. They have a list of questions they can select to answer and a brief section at the end, named Speak Out!, where they can ramble on needlessly if they wish. This blog will be published each Monday (Yes, I am late for the first one, my apologies)

*****************************************************************************************​

On the Couch: Dadeo

#1 (10/31/2011)​

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am very excited about "On The Couch" along with the other additions to the MediaPortal blog. But this post felt pretty sparse to me. What is with the one sentence responses?

Dadeo itemizes his favorite plugins and skins but does not elaborate. What is it you like about Rockstar? Why do you like MyFilms over MyVideos or Moving Pictures? Why is aMPed "of course" your favorite skin? What is meaningful to you about these plugins and skins?

And I am sorry but an itemized list of the projects Dadeo is active in does not do much for me. How is he involved in aMPed? How does he contribute to the wiki? What is he passionate about, what frustrates him and what is it about these projects that make him want to volunteer his time?

As an open source developer I am very passionate about the work I do. I am sure Dadeo would say the same, but this blog post conveys none of that enthusiasm. I don't give a damn about Pepsi, Eddie Murphy or Star Trek vs. Star Wars. I AM interested in what motivates Dadeo to be an active member in the MediaPortal community. And this post doesn't come close to touching on that.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I can respect all that fforde, but I also wanted it to be fun, so there are a mixture of all! I had planned on asking you to do it this month as well. Would mind doing next Monday's? Showing us what you mean and maybe setting an example?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Sure, I would be happy to. And I apologize for the biting criticism. It is halloween tonight and I may have had one too many spiked apple ciders. ><

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    SWEET! Thanks =) and no worries, I got what you meant =)

Also, Dadeo knew I was already late to post the blog, and actually JUST got the questions when he woke up a few hours ago =) So he did do a bit of a rushed job for me. In all honesty I should have just waited for next Monday. As we all know... given time, Dadeo can and will be VERY vocal =) lol

BTW, the reason I was late was due to such a crushing weekend for the Rangers and Cowboys (you might not be a fan... i dont know... but you know what I mean by "crushing") so I had no energy to finish the questions and get them to Dadeo =(

phil.jay

Portal Member
    August 4, 2009
    Home Country
    I'd like to add my thanks for this.

I've been using MediaPortal since 2006, and I get settled in my ways (i.e. Blue3 + TVSeries, and that's about it)... It's good to have pointers to new plugins that I've missed, such as Rockstar - which I must say... looks awesome!

Cheers,
    Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom