'One click' shutdown (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have been using MP for a long time now, and still think it is great. There one missing feature though that I'm reminded of every time I use MP. Why are so many clicks required to shut it down?

I use dedicated MP clients, they start up in MP and are shut down from MP. Essentially I do everything to hide the Windows computer running it. But to shut MP down I have to go 'home, right, right, right, OK, down, OK'. I can add 'shutdown' to the home menu, but that still only brings me to the shutdown menu.

Is there a way to add the possibility to shutdown with one or two clicks?

VdR

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm pretty sure you are able to map any key/button to exit MP in configuration

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To be precise: I want to shutdown the PC, not only exit MP.

With mapping I only found a way to get to the shutdown menu, not to actually initiate the shutdown directly. It may be possible, but I didn't find a way.

VdR

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i do this.
    Shutdown menu with remote, and press the number "6" on my remote for select "Shutdown" HTPC.
    working fine.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With all my experimenting I never thought of actually pressing the '6' rather than 'up' and 'OK'. So that brings it down to two key presses. Thank you for that idea. Much better, now looking for the one click shutdown :).

VdR

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Even better. I already use LM Remote Key Map to blast the TV and Amplifier controls. In the LM RKM configuration I was able to link a shutdown function directly to the power button of the remote. So now I do have 'one click' shutdown.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom