Online Content Plugin in development (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone

I've started work on developing the framework for a plugin called My Online Content. The idea of this plugin is to allow users to search for media on the net then view them (for example, searching music videos then playing them).

The interface is simple now, one button to select the sources to search, another to search. It will then search all the available sources and return a list. Each item will have a title and a description. Click on it and it will play.

I'm going to implement this system using interfaces, therefore any developer can create a plugin for my plugin, so when a search is initiated, all the plugins will be told to search and return the results, which will then be displayed.

I've got the interface pretty much done - just got to finish writing an example search source.

If this sounds confusing, hopefully when I release it you'll get the idea ;-)

Screenshots coming soon!

Sam
p.s. I'm using VB.NET for this, so I think this will also be the first example of a VB.NET window plugin.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone got any ideas of any sites that contain searchable forms of media? I tried to scrape links off yahoo's Launch, but it ended up being a headache and not working so anyone got any other ideas?

Sam

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Sam,

a great feature for MP would be to search wikipedia. Is this sth. your plugin can do? Or is it really just for downloading media? Would be really cool if this was possible.

For the yahoo launch plugin you could talk to juvinious (the guy who wrote the shoutcast-plugin). He said some days ago that he is already able to get content for the english site and has just to get the localization done. I think he already made good progress with this plugin and will release it soon. Just for your info that you don't have to do double work...

Looking forward to another great plugin from you ;-)

Maschine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom