Online Videos + Dynamic Refresh Rate (1 Viewer)

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Are they meant to work together ? Because for the life of me, I cannot get it to work!

Im assuming its because OnlineVideos cant obtain the FPS of the streaming video, therefore Dynamic Refresh Rate does not work.

The only workaround I have found, is to make the Refresh Rate changer default to what is the most common FPS I play from OnLineVideos, which is 25fps, so I default to 50Hz. Of course this means 24 fps and 30 fps online videos do not play 100% correctly, but they seem to look better at 50Hz, than a 25fps stream does at 60Hz, so this is the best compromise I can find at the moment.

If this is fixable then that would be awsome, as I have ALL my local videos playing 100% smooth, and it would be awsome if I could do the same with OnlineVideos.

Thanks

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It has been said a few times, but here it goes again :)
    No, they cannot work together as the current implementation of the RefreshRate changer reads the rate from a file using MediaInfo because it needs to change rate before playback.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Online Videos + Dynamic Refresh Rate

It can ;-) me an owlroost have worked on this. And have a solution which is working fine for me since a few weeks. I'll have a look to post the patch soon. It will be for MP 1.2 beta and source only so you'll have to compile MP yourself.

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It has been said a few times, but here it goes again :)
    No, they cannot work together as the current implementation of the RefreshRate changer reads the rate from a file using MediaInfo because it needs to change rate before playback.

Sorry if it's been asked a lot, but I did do a search and found bits and bobs but no deffinitive answer, and I wasnt sure how up to date the information was. Thanks for clarifying the current situation.

It can ;-) me an owlroost have worked on this. And have a solution which is working fine for me since a few weeks. I'll have a look to post the patch soon. It will be for MP 1.2 beta and source only so you'll have to compile MP yourself.

That would be cool if you could get it working, any chance of sharing with us? Is there a reason why it would be source only? I think I might speak for others when I say I wouldnt really know where to start having to compile all the source code into an executable - if anything could be provided in a 'Plug'N'Play' type of patch that would be really cool.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom