OnlineVideo Regex Newbie Help (1 Viewer)

prei

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I apologize if this has been answered before, I am quite new to media portal and online videos.

I am trying to config the regex expressions in the config area MediaPortal Configuration/Plugins/OnlineVideos

Any time I chnage and save a regex, and launch media portal, it seems to revert back to the original settings.

I have tried tried hitting the save button and editing the OnlineVideoSites.xml file directly. No matter what I do, I do not see the chnages reflected in the advanced area of the plugin config

I am trying to config SoutParkWorld and although the regex I am building is working, I get no categories becuase I believe the regex is not being saved.

Thanks in advance,
    Pete

:)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you pressing OK when exiting a) the plugin config window and b) the MediaPortal Configuration application? Otherwise it is not saved.

If you are editing exisiting sites, you have to turn AutoUpdate off, otherwise on MediaPortal start, on entering Onlinevideos your changes will get overwritten. Best idea would be to make a copy of the site you are trying to edit.

prei

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 13, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    offbyone,

Thanks, it was absolutely the automatic update that was overwriting my changes.

I had thought that automatic update was simply parsing the HTML. I did not know it was resetting theREgExp.

So that begs the question... Where is it pulling updated information from?

I will continue to do some more research.

Thanks Again!

doskabouter,

Thanks, I will read through the SiteParser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom