OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (7 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me, the new ARD Mediathek plays flawlessly. ZDF Mediathek works mostly on one machine, on another machine not at all (see post 691). This is with the standard configuration. I assume that ZDF not working at all at one machine is a configuration issue, but I haven't been able to identify the cause yet.
    Strange, for me ZDF Mediatek now seems to be fully functional, all live streams play and all the catchup content I have tried so far also plays well (MP1 and MP2 different PCs).
    With ARD Mediatek though I am still having some live streams play randomly without audio while within a limited testing time others always seem to have audio and 3 Sat never has audio. Typically I see Das Erste often without audio, BR and Arte always with audio and as mentioned earlier 3 Sat never with audio, same problem on both MP1 and MP2 different PCs and regardless of whether MPUrlSourceSplitter is enabled or not (MP1). N.B. 3 Sat is also available in the ZDF Mediatek where it always plays with audio.;)

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi to All,

I've got issue to run ARD Mediathek. I always get the message "Fehler beim Auruf der dynamischen Rubriken". Is this a known issue? I haven't found any hints to solve the problem.

Regards eagle

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi to All,

I've got issue to run ARD Mediathek. I always get the message "Fehler beim Auruf der dynamischen Rubriken". Is this a known issue? I haven't found any hints to solve the problem.

Regards eagle
    It is currently working fine for me both on MP1&2. How long has it been failing? There were some major fixes to both ZDF and ARD some while back so if the problem is not recent make sure you have updates unabled then try deleting it from your favourites then remove and add it back to "My Sites" under the Manage Sites gui.
    Hope that helps.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your reponse. I installed it from scratch on a new PC. So I suppose I've got the latest Version

Btw. All the best for 2022

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't think installing from scratch gets you the latest site-scrapers, you have to update the ARD mediathek to the latest version (easiest is with auto update enabled)

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you all for your kindly help. Changing from "Das Erste" to "ARD Mediathek" did the Trick :)
    Regards eagle

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm working on a new release of OnlineVideos.
    One of the major new features will be a webview2 based solution for playback of drm content. This will be a successor for the old solution which was based on InternetExplorer and is probably going to be not supported anymore for the relevant websites.

So my plan is to remove the support for the IBrowserSiteUtil interface.
    Did a check and most of the current browserbased sites are flagged as not working with only 3 exceptions:
    • Netflix
    • Amazon prime
    • Viaplay

Netflix I will convert myself to the webview2 based solution, @wizard123 is currently working on Amazon prime, and my suspicion is that Viaplay isn't used anymore by anyone so nobody flagged that one as not working.

For this I need to increase the version of OnlineVideos and that will mean that everyone who is not able for some reason to update their onlinevideos (f.e. due to still running old mediaportal) will no longer receive updates for fixed siteutils (not even the non-browserbased ones!).

What are your opinions on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom