Only Videos (Movies) in Home Screen? (1 Viewer)

aorin1

February 11, 2016
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi everyone!
I'd like to start thanking everyone for reading this, and also for this amazing media center.
I'm starting here today and I have a doubt and PLEASE forgive me if it was already answered, my quick search didn't show up any answer for this.

I just installed Media Portal in a Dell Latitude ST2e tablet, running Windows 8 32 bit PRO.
My main purpose installing MP here is for watching movies, I put the files where they should be, I also grabbed info for them, using MP config. So far So good.

My question is, can I have only a Movies item and, if so, can MP open Movies, I mean, open up the screen to select a movie to watch automatically when I start it?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Which skin are you using? The possibilities to change something depend partly on the skin.
    My question is, can I have only a Movies item
    I don't get this, but together with the thread title I guess you mean "Is it possible to keep only the Movie Menu Button on the home screen?" Is this right?
    can MP open Movies, I mean, open up the screen to select a movie to watch automatically when I start it?
    I also don't understand this fully :) Of course a movie will start automatically, if you select it. But I guess you mean something else. Can you describe it with a concrete example perhaps?

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    Hi

open up the screen to select a movie to watch automatically when I start it?

I think you intend to skip the "Home" screen and imediatly start MP1 with the Movie screen.
    This can be done in MP1. Use the plugin/tool "StartIt"

As far as I know MP2 always starts with the "Home" screen.

mrj

Last edited:

aorin1

February 11, 2016
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Oh yeah, thanks for your attention, my purpose, was to use MP to start inside Movies menu, this way it would show the movie flyers so they could be selected, I thought that I could do that, kind of lock MP to open in Movies and nothing more.

aorin1

February 11, 2016
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi aorin1
    You can ask for this feature to be added to MP2 in the sub forum "Feature requests"
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forums/feature-requests.647/
    This was a frequently asked feature in MP1, other users want to start with the TV section.
    So you are not alone in wishing for this feature.

/mrj

MR, I appreciate your attention, I can ask for this feature in the provided link, but if MP1 has this feature already, I don't care installing it, there's not much else I'd use in MP, it's mainly for watching movies with a pleasant interface.
    I'll probably have to create or find the thread in MP1 forums right?

Thanks again everyone for your time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom