[Configuration] Option to load TV codec set for Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
In Media Portal 1.0.2 once TV is recorded it uses the Codecs defined in Video section to playback recorded TV. :mad:
There Should be an option for Recorded TV and .TS files to decide which set of codecs to go with.

In my case The H.264 Codec picked for Live HDTV (PDVD9 with DXVA) in the TV section work perfectly for that but i find in the Video section I use CoreAVC with cuda to be more compatible with as many different files encoded in H.264/AVC. However with the current TS reader bug (0002069: TsReader is not working properly with MPC-HC H264 codec - MediaPortal Bugtracker) even in windows XP TV recordings will go out of sync with certain codecs like CoreAVC. PDVD9 just isn't anywhere near as compatable with all the various H.264/AVC encoded files i have. Yet the Same recorded TV file play back perfectly in MPC whatever the audio and Video codecs with a different splitter.

An option under Video to use the TV codec set for TV recordings and or TS files or the Video Codec set would fix this for me and not break it for others.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I agree.
But instead of codec configuration, maybe TS files should not be splitted by MP ts reader at all outside TV section and leave it to default system splitter...

Somehow i miss point why is TS reader installed (and used) even if TV server is not installed...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I agree.
    But instead of codec configuration, maybe TS files should not be splitted by MP ts reader at all outside TV section and leave it to default system splitter...

DVB subtitles woulnt work. Dunno, but some people prefer to watch tv recordings in my videos. Best indeed would be to limit TsReader to be used only inside live and recording tv views.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    It would be nice to have a fully working TSreader so all DVB features like teletext/subtotles are kept intact. a choice of Ts splitter is an Excellent Idea too. I think add those options for the things mentioned by both of you would be a good thing.

However, even if the TSreader was fixed, Given the Choice I'd use PDVD9 with DXVA for any Interlaced formats, because Coreavc's hardware de-interlacing works badly with my current setup and simple bobbing is no match for what DXVA does Picture Quality wise. I'd Use Coreavc for everything else.

Also if TSreader is fixed is there really a need to use any other ts splitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom