organising audio files... so they look good on MP? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

nazimm said:
If any of you guys know how to add Genre info to lots of file at the same time: eg I want to select 10 or so songs and put all "Rock" on the genre for all of these.. would save me editing all of them manually :)

In WinXP you can actually do this in Windows Explorer without any freeware. Select the MP3s you want to change > right click > Properties > Summary tab > Advanced button. In there you can edit the genre and it will change the genre for all the files you selected. You can do this for lots of the other tags, but be careful not to edit things like track number and track name when you have multiple files selected.

FWIW, I use Media Tagger. Its maybe a bit long in the tooth now, but I've tried lots of other apps and none have been quite as easy to use.
http://www.volny.cz/media-tagger/eng/

There are hundreds of shareware and freeware applications that basically do the same job.

However, does anyone know of any OpenSource (and preferably Cross Platform) projects that covers this area?

A

Anonymous

thanks for this forbes
I actually managed to change the Genre by batches in 5 minutes with Tag&Rename..

All I need now is to get rid of all the Tags I do not want to show up?!?!?!

A

Anonymous

Got it!!!
Managed to whack out the unecessary tags with Tag & Rename...

waeberd: You are right this program is well worth it!!! Did pretty much ALL I wanted and dead easy.

My 220 songs now look the way I want them on MP.. Time to increase the collection now I know what to do..

Thanks for all your help guys!

A

Anonymous

nazimm said:
All I need now is to get rid of all the Tags I do not want to show up?!?!?!

That should be easy. Just work out which tag fields you want to be empty, most MP3 tag utilities should let you select all your files at once, and clear these fields.

For the most common fields, you could even do it in Windows Explorer with the above method. Just do a search on the top folder of *.mp3 files (include subdirectories), select all and edit the properties.

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
nazimm said:
waeberd: You are right this program is well worth it!!! Did pretty much ALL I wanted and dead easy.

Glad it helped! I purchased this two years ago and stayed there.... like Forbes said there are tons of similar tools, but I never needed to look further...

Cheers!

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Just to say thta I hope you all had a wonderfull New YEar's Eve and all the best for 2005!!!

The songs look nice and tidy on MP now and I even added Cover Art in the tags but MP does not support this yet according to the searches I made on the forum so at least that is done when this feature is supported!!!

See ya all during 2005

A

Anonymous

I love Itunes to organize my MP3s. It automatically places the files in a nice folder structure according to the ID3-Tag you can alter in Itunes directly.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange not to read anything about The Godfather..
    There's no feature richer tool to organize your music files..

3. File names
    AA - BB - CC - DD.mp3

AA = Artist
    BB = Album
    CC = Track
    DD = Title
    DON'T do this..

You rape the iso and serveral other standards because your filename WILL get to long sometimes..
    Even if you don'd mind the problems it is really annoying to have warnings on burn attempts, endless scrolling front-displays, not-capable mobile or car devices and so on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom