Organizing my music, please help... (1 Viewer)

moryoav

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Israel Israel
Hello everybody,

I'm struggling very hard to setup my music collection and I don't know how to do what I want to do.
I have two main categories for my music - English music and Hebrew music.
My music is organized in folders such that:

Music\Language\Artist\Album\Track Number - Track Name.mp3

What I want is to presumably change the "Views" so that I will have a first menu for "Language" somehow and only then the regular default artist - album - track view.

How do I go about doing that?

:D

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    What you really want to do I think is use the ID3 language tag to tag your files with the right language first, and then create a custom view that sorts on the language tag first..... but as far as I can see MP does not support creating a view based on the language tag. As a hack, you could use something like the composer or genre tag, which you can create a view on, assuming you don't want or need those tags for anything else. This post might help further with mor3 details on how to tag and setup and use views.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/wip-how-optimize-music-browsing-mp-71397/

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I think a language tag view in music would be a good idea, given MP's multi-lingual user base. MPTagThat can change this tag, so half the problem is solved already ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom