Completed ORIGEN AE S10V+G45 Mobo HTPC (1 Viewer)

visuatrox

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Swaziland Swaziland
I'm glad I could help :). Good to hear your system is now up and running smoothly. 48 degrees is not bad for a passively cooled system.

visuatrox

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Swaziland Swaziland
Can you be more specific, what kind of issues?. Does Windows not enter standby?, do you get any error messages or bluescreens ?

Considering you already had updated to latest bios, have you also tried:

- Wake On Lan > Disabled (or set to WOL packets only)
- BIOS Settings, disable USB mouse wakeup events
- Disable Dynamic Energy Saver
control panel>administrative tools>services
Disable "GEST Service for program management"

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
No BSOD, go to stand by - no problem, but wake up is problem.
System wake, but system freeze with blackscreen and no disk activity. There is nothing in event wiever :(

When resume hrom hibernation, i only got restoring system progres bar, and after 100% done, i got black screen with no disk activity - system freeze.

All is fresh instaled, in HTPC there are only Hauppage TV card, no mouse/keyboard connected :(

visuatrox

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Swaziland Swaziland
Hmm Ok, that does not sound like any of the problems I encountered. But you are using Windows XP though, so that could make a difference. Standby issues are often driver related. So unless you have already tried to update all drivers (video, chipset etc..) I would advice you to do that.

Also have you tried removing the TV Card?, the TV cards often cause standby related problems (maybe could also be solved with a driver update).

winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

I have a GA-E7AUM mobo with intel e5200. I have problems with audio through hdmi. sometimes windows doesn't recognizes the cable. then I have to restart the htpc.

is the problem that u mentioned?
    - Update with latest Intel GFX driver (fixes HDMI handshaking issue)

because of that I am using at the moment spidf 4 audio. but If u save this error is fixed, I would give it a shot and try it again

patrickkhong

April 24, 2009
    hi , i just got the S10v with E7AUM as the mobo.
    Very good case! thanks for the tip on MPTray4irtrans. Works good.

I wanted to ask if the AXP-140 or the Silverstone NT06, would a better passive cooling for a E7400?

great setup! thanks.

nickotron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Patrick. Interested in your S10v and mobo experience as I'm about to do the samething myself. Some questions if you don't mind:

- How quiet is it? 60mm fans are a bit of a concern but from reviews they seem to be "quiet". How quiet - any comparisons?
    - Can you control the case fan speed? Are they PWM'able, eg: by hooking up to CPU fan control.
    - What DVD drive did you go with? Fit OK. Did you find a Blu-Ray drive?
    - Have you tried a passive PSU as well (like Silverstone ST30NF). Would love to know if that could live in this case.
    - Did you find a good price on the case?

Was going to send this as personal msg but I suspect others will be interested.

Thanks.

N.

patrickkhong

April 24, 2009
    hi Nick,

- How quiet is it? 60mm fans are a bit of a concern but from reviews they seem to be "quiet". How quiet - any comparisons?
    To my surprise, it is very quiet. You dont have to replace it with any yateloon or others. I dont have technical review on it. But to my ears, it is almost as quiet as the 120mm Everest at 700-1000rpm (I had this in my other rig). My C2D stock fan is louder than the 2x60mm fans!

- Can you control the case fan speed? Are they PWM'able, eg: by hooking up to CPU fan control.
    Given the acceptable noise (to my ears), and the limited air flow in the casing, I put both fans direct to molex for better ventilation.
    the fans comes in 3 pin. Didnt test the pwm. Not sure if they are. If you are really interested, i can test it out this weekend.

- What DVD drive did you go with? Fit OK. Did you find a Blu-Ray drive?
    No drive yet. Thinking if i should go for the Panasonic UJ875 (DVD RW) or the Sony Optiarc BD5600S (Blu Ray) .. but the BluRay slot in is really expensive!!

- Have you tried a passive PSU as well (like Silverstone ST30NF). Would love to know if that could live in this case.
    Using Corsair VX450 (non modular). Surprisingly silent. Didnt go for the ST30NF. Not very confident of passive PSU yet + running out of budget due to the casing pricing! LOL.. would like go for the HX450, if i have to redo it over.

- Did you find a good price on the case?
    I am from Hong Kong, and it is approx USD330... How much is it in states?

If you dont mind the bigger case, the S16V/T would be a better casing, and the options are endless (normal 5.25" BD drive and accepting 110mm heatsink would be a big advantage!)

Back to my case, currently the noisiest is the still C2D stock fan .... unexceptable! Hence, anyone have any idea if the AXP140 or the NT06 would be a good choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom