[other] [OSD] Toggle Live TV/Video Fullscreen (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sometimes when you are playing fullscreen video/tv and you activate the main menu, say basic home, once you have been to several other menus or toggled between full home and basic home there isn't a way to get back to full screen video! Short of using the mouse and choosing the video window in the corner you cannot select it with the remote or keyboard! This is true for Blue3/Blue3Wide at least.

Now unless I've completely missed a trick here what I suggest is toggling the menu on/off with the green button/menu button when full screen video is playing. What does everyone else think?

P.S Can I make a suggestion for an OSD prefix option on the forum? :D

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    pushing the red button on the remote should return you to the fullscreen video

Ah yes so it does!

However what do you do if you don't have the red button on your remote? We have a remote at work without the 'teletext' buttons, so, short of getting the keyboard/mouse out you couldn't get back to fullscreen video.

Perhaps being able to toggle the menu on/off with the main menu button when full screen video is running wouldn't be such a bad idea? Make things more remote friendly.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    the buttons can be remapped, expiriment ;)

Yeah fair enough for more advanced users but for your average user to start re-mapping keys on the remote to achieve basic functionality such as going back to full screen video from the home screen is ludicrous. It’s not exactly obvious to press the red button on your remote to get back, especially if you don’t have the red button to begin with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom