OSS answerphone for plugin? (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know of a good Open Source answer phone application for windows?

The closest thing I have ever come across is a freeware app called Ancyba:

http://www.ancyba.com/

I have written about this before, but I would to add in answerphone capabilities to MediaPortal. I am not a programmer but if the right app came along with a design which could handle the resolution issues, then it could just be launched as an app.

I know other people who use other HTPC software, and even though they now have broadband, have dug out there old modem cards and put them back for this purpose.

Other modem ideas:
CallerID (maybe YAK)
Connect/disconnect plugin

Any links would be really appreciated. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Neat idea, I personally don't have a use for it but I am sure other woud.

What I would really like to see is a Caller ID function that displays the name and number up on the MediaPortal screen and pause whatever is playing so that I can answer the phone if I want to.

A

Anonymous

If you're interested in CallerID stuff, you should check out YAK:

http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

Its Open Source and has a developers kit. Should be fairly easy to create a plugin for MediaPortal with a nice OSD to compliment the mce skin.

Anyone know of any answerphone OSS for windows :?: :?: :?:

A

Anonymous

I will have to try YAC out. . .I definitely like the idea of my MP computer getting notified of caller id info over the network since it would be a big challenge to get a phone line to where it is going to be. . .

A

Anonymous

Um, what about adding the ability for MediaPortal to accept and display messages at a user defined location of the screen and the ability to trigger an event (launch an app - like a video phone) and/or pause a video/song? That would allow future plugins like a called id or a home securuiy/automation plug to take advantage of it.

A

Anonymous

Well, I tried YAC. . .nice. After getting my modem to finally recognize Caller ID. . .setting it up to send the information to all the other computers on my network was simple. :) It would be nicer if it were possible to customize the way the caller id info is displayed. . .like with generic OSD message instead. . .oh well, now all our workstations will get caller ID info. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom