[News] Our new forum is now online! (2 Viewers)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    We are very happy and proud to present you our new forums!

What if I see no difference?
    We did not only change our forum software, but also moved to an other server. So if you still end up on the old forums when you click at the "Forum" button in the menu, then your DNS has not updated yet. For some ISPs this takes a few hours, for others it can take up to 2 days. The only thing you can do is wait.
    But in the meantime you can access the new forum through this alternative link.

Sandbox
    We have started an sandbox thread where you can do test posts if you want to.

PM's are now Conversations
    In our old forums we had private messages, or pm's. In xenforo we now have conversations. Who ever tried to talk with more than 1 person in private will love this new feature.
    Basically it works like a private thread. You just start a conversation and then add as many participants to it as you want.

Customizeable display of Signatures
    We know that many users are annoyed by "too long signatures". Yet there are also many users who find them very informative. So we added an option to let every user decide if he wants to see signatures by default, or if the forum should collapse the signatures for him.

System Specs
    We had an coder create us a brand new add'on for system specs. this time you are no longer limited to just one system, you can add all your systems!

Bug Reports
    We are always trying to make things easier for our users. In our new forum we are taking use of forms. Currently we have 2 forms active that are used to report bugs.
    One can be found inside the MediaPortal 1 section, and one is available for the aMPdroid app. More will follow.
    Note: Currently your system specs are not added to the bugreport. This is a planed featured to be added later on.

Powerful search engine
    The forum search is one of the most used features of an forum. Our new forum uses a very powerful and fast software that provides much better results in a much shorter period of time.

What happens next?
    We are still working on sorting out a few details in the forums. It's not all polished yet.

I found a problem, what now?
    Before reporting a problem, please be sure to clean your browser-cache first and reload the page. This may solve display-issues with cached data from old forum (strange menues, not clickable links).
    if you found a problem in our new forums, then please start an new thread in this section.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Team Mediaportal!
    Thanks for your efforts and the all new forum. (y)
    It's quite beautiful and this evening I will have a closer look at all the new functions.

Best regards,

Fafnir

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work you guys, now off you go and have a nice day of sleep...

Looks good, you seem to have managed to migrate everything (I guess quite hard) and works fine, so thumbs up!

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks very nice and the speed of the Forum is great. I have notice a bug, the Login with Facebook don't work. I get the message "page not found".

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still have to get used to the new forum, but it looks good at a first glance.

Btw, the link to the sandbox thread in your news message is broken.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I like the new forum. Good job, thanks.
    But I'm desperately missing the "MPLive" page... This was my most watched page in old forum. The "New Posts" block on main page could not replace my favourite...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will this be fixed? (very small fonts, title moved up)
    forum title.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom