[Evaluate] Own plugins for AmazonPrime and Netflix (1 Viewer)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I have a feature request, that might be also in interest to many others. OV2 is nice, but a bit outdated and creating a lot of trouble.
So many sites are down, that we are just running to fix those and can partly not catch up any more. For Kodi and TV-inbuild plugins Netflix and AmazonPrime are really stable and do not need the to be fixed all the time.
Can you not create two seperate plugins for AmazonPrime and Netflix with a clean code and support also some features (latest watched etc. that are comeing with MP2.2 in WMC skin and are already default for Kodi and co.)?
Honestly streaming is the mainstream lately and less people will have the typical local media item collection with a TV-tuner.
To keep MP2 alive it's essential from my point of view to develop those features further.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not use Netflix and AP (yet), but I agree with both, that they are the future and OV2 is partly not offering what you are used from in-build features of modern TV's. Problem is as usual the capacity to realize it, but if some Dev's use Netflix/AP, they might feel more motivation to realize it ;)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    not offering what you are used from in-build features of modern TV's
    That's the point. MP2 needs some USF's (unique selling factors). One is emulators plugin from @Brownard and the flexible media management for me, other stuff is in my case available and partly better in already integrated TV-software. Recording is not important for me, I'm just watching TV or stream what I want to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom