Party Shuffle (digital jukebox) on MP! (Updated 30/10/2004) (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Another new version posted (30/10/2004). Just a few minor fixes when changing between party shuffle mode and normal playlist mode. Should switch between the modes seamlessly, without the playlist and the list control on screen being out of sync.

Sam

A

Anonymous

samuel337 said:
But... Wink I cannot see the playlist, I don't see where I can watch the 12 songs selected/shuffled ??? maybe I look at the wrong place ?

If you click on the playlist button on the music screen, you should see this.
samuel337 said:
note: I actualy use NO playlist at all.
I don't really understand what you mean here, but I think this is your problem. You are overriding the party shuffle by selecting partcular songs and playing it. Try adding the songs to the playlist.

Ok, now I can see it, it sems that previously I was not able to see the list because I was not using playlists at all... (no playlist folder configured) this can be (maybe) considered as a bug ?
Note that I cannot reproduce the problem now, even if I remove/delete the playlist folder :shock:

samuel337 said:
The "party shuffle" suffle songs only from the current directory, not the sub-directory's into this one. am I wrong ?

Nope, it shuffles all of the songs. You cannot currently set whether to shuffle from a particular folder, artist, album, genre, etc.

It's the more important request for me... :) (suffle from a folder and is sub-folders)

BTW:
samuel337 said:
I tried the right-clicking thing (never noticed this before) and it seems to be working properly, except that apart from exiting the playlist screen, it also sends a click event to the returned screen as well. For example, if I right-click in the playlist screen, it will exit the playlist screen and return to the screen before, but it will also send a click event where the cursor is to this screen, making MP play whichever song is clicked on.
This seems like a MP problem, maybe frodo can shed some light on this when he comes back...
You were right :)

grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello

I don't have these duplicates anymore in my playlist, that's cool.

One suggestion : is it possible to choose the songs only in the folder/sub-folders where we start from ?

A quick sample. I have several artists folders:

Main folder
    ---> Artist1
    |--->Album 1
    |--->Album 2
    |--->Album 3

--->Artist2
    |--->Album 1
    |--->Album 2

What would be nice is : if I start party shuffle when in Main folder, then it takes songs from all artists here.
    If I start Party shuffle from Artist1, then it chooses only songs in Album 1,2,3 of this artist (and nothing from Artist 2 folder)

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    I see a lot of demand for a filter on which songs are selected for shuffling. I'm busy this month so maybe next month I'll do it, but just thinking about it there is one big problem:

Given that the playlist screen is the same throughout the whole music module (i.e. not a different screen for each artist/folder/album etc) if I set the filter based on what folder was selected when the party shuffle button was pressed , it would be confusing as there would be no indication as to where it is shuffling from. One solution would be to create a button which displays a menu-item dialog that displays all the folders on a seperate screen. I would then need to add a label to the playlist screen saying where it is shuffling from. This is an issue though, given the crampness already on the playlist screen (too many controls - where should I put it?)

Any ideas?

Sam

A

Anonymous

I will also think at the best way of doing it... :roll:
    Thanks to take our request in consideration ;)
    Seb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom